Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What has happened with the rollout of V11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I admit that is curious.

But TeslaFi shows how many cars are eligible. To date the v11 roll has been significantly slower than past FSDb releases. I'm not complaining, just stating facts. Yet another silent CYA from Tesla.
The lack of knowing is what is frustrating. It’s been over 4 months since I got new firmware from Tesla. Is there something wrong with my Account on Tesla’s servers? Did something get updated in Gravity on my PiHole server that’s blocking Tesla’s updates? I can never know because there is no way to test and no mechanism for Tesla to inform drivers of issues.

I would love some communication on what the hold up is. I actually put in a service request via the app asking if anything was blocking updates. It instantly ran a Diagnostics and said I’m on the latest version for my car and geographic location. But others with a VIN very close to mine same model 3 LR RWD living nearby have gotten 11.3.4 days ago and I’m still waiting on 10.69.25.2.

It's frustrating just try to be patient. Tesla is clearly being extremely careful with the rollout of v11. I don't think we are going to know exactly what their plan is....we can only speculate as to what might be happening.

Tesla is clearly being extremely careful with the rollout of v11.
Not sure I would agree but I do hope you are right.

If part of a careful plan, it's very likely a safety issue. But if a significant safety issue, would you expect Tesla to not say something or update the thousands driving with it today? I assume Elon has not fallen that far yet.

So let's say it's not a "significant" safety issue but something the NHTSA would not like - i.e. no signal when merging. If I recall correctly that may have been working in earlier v11 releases too. So in this case, it's not necessary to UN-deoloy v11 to all or otherwise cripple it. But you would think a fix of this magnitude would take a day or two to correct but it's more like a week now. So that doesn't really fit my historical observations either.

Based on Elon and supporters absolute silence on the topic it feels a lot about when the legacy owners were told to jump through the Safety Score and initial efforts to join FSDb but failing, with newer owners getting it. Thounds if comments and Tweets were sent about that to the corporate wall of silence. We find out 2 months later about this years-long camera upgrade process. I'm grateful but please just throw us a bone on communications sometime.

It seems clear that whatever is true, Tesla doesn't want it known. All speculation would end in a single yet- unsent Tweet. I'm not feeling optimistic. I have cross-country driving trips scheduled in May and June - not sure it's going to be done on v11.

Reactions: Genie
Should do a poll to see how many FSD cars on v11 are on a subscription vs bought it outright...wouldnt be supprised if all the new v11 updates went to people with subs first (since they are still getting revenue from them so they want them happy), and just another FU to people that dropped a *sugar* ton on FSD upfront...

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
Well Tesla never has been really good....or even satisfactory really....when it comes to communication.

I paid for FSD upfront before the increase. I don't think Tesla is out to mess with anyone. They have their reasons and they obviously aren't going to tell us. I don't think Tesla cares enough to mess with people.

I know how it feels to want the FSDb update...but I'm telling you it's not that great right now. 11.3.3 is what I have and it's terrible on the roads near me. It keeps wanting to turn off to the left or right driving me and the cars around me crazy.

Reactions: Genie
Same car on TeslaFi got it first again. Maybe Chuck will do a video soon? Can't wait! ;)

SmartSelect_20230408_193826_Firefox.jpg

Downloading 11.3.6 now, coming from 11.3.4. This must be a pretty wide roll-out, as I'm never this early to receive new updates. I was fairly happy with 11.3.4, but my car was definitely moving inappropriately into turn lanes when it needed to continue on straight, so I'm hoping this is one of the things that was fixed in 11.3.6!

Reactions: GSP and DanCar
Just got 11.3.6 on my 2017 MS 90D.

Had 11.3.3 before and the routing on highways wild sometimes miss exits. Hopefully this version will be better.
My MSP with 11.3.4 does this often. I've actually given up on letting it make decisions with exits and preemptively just press the turn signal button to force it into the lane. I went from 10.69 to 11.4 within 24 hours of release, I felt the exact same way while on 10.69 watching 11.1,.2,.3 and was super surprised when .4 arrived. There is absolutely no method to there madness on how they appropriate updates and it makes my brain hurt just thinking about it lol