Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What information would you want to know about Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much legroom is in the rear seat (drivers side) with the drivers seat adjusted for a 6 foot tall driver? This can be estimated if the seat adjuster is not 6 feet tall. We will also need the height of the person checking this from the rear seat. Trying to find out if the rear seats are comfortable for passengers.

Does navigation have a 3D perspective view for upcoming turns?

Do the steering scroll wheels press in like a button to make selections, or do they just scroll up/down and press left/right?
Can you change what the scroll wheels are controlling without touching the screen?

Thank you everyone for the replies. I will do my best to lookout for all listen requests. I'm sure I will be overwhelmed for a bit so sorry if I couldn't answer everything. I was told today I'll be able to take pictures but not post them publically.

Reactions: cdub
Your efforts are most appreciated. Don't forget to have fun, too!

P.S. Does the seat lumbar adjust up/down and in/out? Is there an external button to open the trunk (check under the lip above the license plate)?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

okay I've got time to sit down finally on my laptop. I did not get to go on a drive this time, but in about 3-4 weeks i will be able to go on a drive with it. Ill just list a bunch of things i noticed, nothin in order just what comes to my mind.
overall the car is super nice.
The look is perfect for its size
the screen is PERFECT, the size and distance the screen is from the driver and passenger is perfect. I was able to fully reach and control all aspects of the screen while my arm was sitting comfortable and naturally on the arm rest.
The screen and UI was extremely responsive, i couldn't believe how fast things were loading and zooming in and out of maps and in and out of menus.
This car i saw didn't have internet browser, but from what I'm told the cars in the hands of customers has internet browser.
i personally think the screen is in perfect view for driver and passenger.
The Vents are remarkable, this is the one and only feature i want on my Model X.
The vents blow air all throughout, it felt amazing and just very well done. controlled through screen but it was just easier to leave everything on auto.
The rear vents were okay, not that great, similar to model s.
The driver seat is very comfortable along with the passenger seat, yes lumbar support is the same as it is for the S and X.
The car definitely is nice, but after seeing everything it made me happy i have my X. It definitely feels cheaper and just not up to the standards of the S and X but thats understandable and it is how it must be. For such a low price it's a must.
The charge port door is SUPER flimsy and doesn't seem like it'll last long. the reasoning for the extra space in that area is to accommodate the European standards.
The rear windshield is incredible, really felt amazing being back there. tint level was just fine like the model x front windshield.
The trunk has tons of space including the hidden storage.
The Frunk is a bigger front than i imagined, but isn't as deep. I say you can fit 2-3 backpacks in there.
Rims are super nice the 19 inch ones.
Door handles from outside take getting used to.
The opening mechanism from inside to open the door is very convenient and works great.
Idk what I've missed but ill go back and read some questions that might jog my memory or if i remember something ill post it again.

EDIT:
the steering wheel feels normal, the middle part feels and looks pretty cheap, wasn't a fan of the bubbly look.
Yes there is a button externally to open the trunk like a normal car.
Leg room was just fine sitting in front and in the back, definitely wouldn't want to be the passenger in the back middle though.

This one will piss some people off but i have found out the official sizes of the batteries for both cars, but i probably shouldn't say until they are publicly released if they ever are. Sorry guys.
Also have a lot of pictures that i won't be able to share, again very sorry. The one in a month that ill be able to drive in I'm pretty sure i can share pics of that one and videos.

Last edited:
Confirms my concern about the charge port door being flimsy. Guess will see if they have issues.
Since it's motorized I'm betting it's a non-issue for most people.

This one will piss some people off but i have found out the official sizes of the batteries for both cars, but i probably shouldn't say until they are publicly released if they ever are. Sorry guys.
We all saw an EPA doc today that said the long range version had around 80 kWh. Might as well tell us the other ... can't be that far off of 53-55 kWh.

Since it's motorized I'm betting it's a non-issue for most people.

We all saw an EPA doc today that said the long range version had around 80 kWh. Might as well tell us the other ... can't be that far off of 53-55 kWh.
But once the door is open, could accidentally hit it with something. Curious to see it try to open when iced up. It's just not a very robust design. I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.