Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla's upcoming 'under your nose' announcement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my P85 in January. Lots of interesting stories on both the delivery (car showed up a week early when I was at CES), registration and due bill items. But that's for a different post.

Also need to thank you all of the very useful info that I've got from here.

Anyhow - onto the Superchargers. Was in the Delaware rest stop - plugged in my Tesla and was amazed to see that I was pulling 255a from a 378v supply. First time I've seen this. My car added about 145miles range in about 20 mins (time it took to get a Starbucks from a very crowded rest area). First time I saw this. Is this new - or is this what Superchargers always did

Joe

Got my P85 in January. Lots of interesting stories on both the delivery (car showed up a week early when I was at CES), registration and due bill items. But that's for a different post.

Anyhow - onto the Superchargers. Was in the Delaware rest stop - plugged in my Tesla and was amazed to see that I was pulling 255a from a 378v supply. First time I've seen this. My car added about 145miles range in about 20 mins (time it took to get a Starbucks from a very crowded rest area). First time I saw this. Is this new - or is this what Superchargers always did

Joe

378v is more than I recall. Hmmm

Joe

I charged there Sunday (yesterday) and only put 40 miles in 14 minutes. 172/255A at 379V

Joe

See this post for a graph of SC stats (it's not linear): Typical Supercharging rate? - Page 6

Under your 'nose' or 'nosecone'?

there are boogers under my nose so I'm not really sure what Elon's talking about unless maybe the Model S has an integrated battery powered booger sucker

olaf2.jpg