Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the Cheapest Wheel/Snow Tire Set for M3p?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am just about to get my new M3P in a few weeks. I live in Denver, so it's bad timing and I saw the performance wheels that come stock are not good for 40* and below days of which we have a lot during the winter not to mention snow. I need help finding out what is the best option for me right away without breaking the bank.

TireRa*ck had a package for $1700 but I just skeptical if they will actually fit the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m looking for a winter wheel/tire set for a M3P as well (expecting end Dec delivery).

I see that TSportline makes 18’s that will fit the performance variant. Does anyone know if going to 18’s will mess up the speedometer? I feel like a Tesla is probably using GPS to calculate speed but I have no clue.

Have used this company several times for past cars. Great customer service, very affordable and can tailor any size and color.

https://www.vmrwheels.com/

32449179-15DB-422A-A9C7-FC718908E539.png
DF8E9AFB-58E5-4144-AB36-C9FEF7CFE0A2.png

Can't swear that they're anywhere near the cheapest, but I went with a set of wheels from EV Wheels and a set of Michelin Pilot Alpin tires from Tire Rack. They are the wheels that are on the car in my profile photo to the left. The tires are very good in the snow and I like the look of the wheels (although they are available in dark grey or black, I believe). I, like you, was faced with having to put winter tires on soon after picking up the car due to it being delivered with summer tires. I find this setup works well though. I swap the winter tire setup for the summer tires in April, and then swap them again in October. I keep track of what position the tires need to be in when I put them back on so they stay rotated. They all seem to be wearing well.

I got these and these rims from tire rack. Got wholesale pricing because I have a hook up. Local shop put them together. They now sit in the garage waiting for my 3P to be delivered. Total cost was around 1300
This is definitely the most affordable set up I’ve seen. To be clear they fit the Model 3 Performance? How are you getting around the Tesla brand TMPS’ that Tesla is requiring the 2021 Model 3s?

I’m looking for a winter wheel/tire set for a M3P as well (expecting end Dec delivery).

I see that TSportline makes 18’s that will fit the performance variant. Does anyone know if going to 18’s will mess up the speedometer? I feel like a Tesla is probably using GPS to calculate speed but I have no clue.
As long as you use the OEM tire sizes the 20", 19", and 18" tires and wheels have the same outside diameter. Which means that the speedometer will be the same no matter which one you have. The bigger wheel sizes have less sidewall.

Reactions: Cybr.Myk
This is definitely the most affordable set up I’ve seen. To be clear they fit the Model 3 Performance? How are you getting around the Tesla brand TMPS’ that Tesla is requiring the 2021 Model 3s?

They do fit since they fit the 2020 and there are no changes to the hubs. I did order after market TPMS sensors before I learned that the new 2021's have bluetooth sensors. I'm not paying $80 per at tesla for sensors. I'll just wait till aftermarket sensors come out.

As I have reported on other threads, best set-up I found for M3P with NO CENTERING RINGS, hub-centric as delivered, was Alutec Monstr 18X8.5 with Vredestein Wintrac 235/45 18's sent mounted and balanced from Tire Rack. I have them mounted on my M3P and drive GREAT--quieter than stock Michelin P4S, not very squishy by winter tire standards. Can't wait to try them in some snow! All-in installed, no sensors, $1550.

As I have reported on other threads, best set-up I found for M3P with NO CENTERING RINGS, hub-centric as delivered, was Alutec Monstr 18X8.5 with Vredestein Wintrac 235/45 18's sent mounted and balanced from Tire Rack. I have them mounted on my M3P and drive GREAT--quieter than stock Michelin P4S, not very squishy by winter tire standards. Can't wait to try them in some snow! All-in installed, no sensors, $1550.
Oh, bought black lug nut covers on Amazon for $6!