Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats and welcome to TMC. There's a tracker application if you want to put in your choices that you ordered. ModelXTracker.com.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul,

I'm guessing this is your site. I looks like someone entered some bad data under Canada Production Reservations. Sorry I couldn't find a way to contact you there.

BadData.png

Paul,

I'm guessing this is your site. I looks like someone entered some bad data under Canada Production Reservations. Sorry I couldn't find a way to contact you there.

View attachment 97244
I've seen this happen before. The form should not allow sequence numbers greater than 5 digits to be entered. This would prevent people from inadvertently entering RN numbers, which is likely to be a growing issue now with sequence numbers no longer being displayed.

Everyone who gets 10 referrals by the end of October gets to purchase a Founder's Model X at the base model price. About a $25k discount according to Elon. Presumably since it is a Founder's model, they would also get to jump the line.

Maybe jump part of the line. I'm at 10, and my latest discussion with Tesla was that 1/ All 10 have to take delivery, and 2/ email regarding the ordering process would be sent after the program ends (10/31). By 11/1 I would expect a number of Sig cars to be delivered, and many more confirmed and in the production queue. I'm not sure all of my 10 will have taken delivery by 10/31. So it's possible the founder's cars will be built with the sigs, and it's also possible they'll be scheduled between the sigs and production, or even with the production cars. We just don't know, and I'm not sure Tesla does either. We know Tesla likes to batch similar builds, so I could see a worst possible scenario of waiting to build all the founder's cars together. And since the referals have to take delivery before they count, and the program goes until 10/31, it could easily be end of December or early January before the final list of founder's X vehicles is known.

I have an early production reservation. I'm concerned I'll get the invite to configure that car before I receive the invite to configure the founder's car, with the net result being I will end up taking delivery later than I would have otherwise without the referral program. Normally the difference in weeks or even a month or two wouldn't be the end of the world, but the X is replacing my wife's car which is going to another family member who has a car on its last legs. A few more weeks could cause me to have to rent a car for them, or buy a used car to fill in the gap.

First world problems.

Maybe jump part of the line. I'm at 10, and my latest discussion with Tesla was that 1/ All 10 have to take delivery, and 2/ email regarding the ordering process would be sent after the program ends (10/31).

I talked to someone at Tesla sales and they said the orders just needed by locked-in (i.e. Tesla gets their $25k in non-refundable funds). But it isn't clear at all. The Referral Program outline Referral Program | Tesla Motors only talks about the delivery requirement under the "Free Car" header.

Free Car
The first person to refer ten friends in each sales region— North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific — will receive a free Founder Series Model X. They will be invited to configure their Model X once all ten friends have taken delivery of their new Model S. In addition, the top referrer on October 31st in each sales region will have their Model S exchanged with a fully loaded Ludicrous P90D once all of their friends have taken delivery.