Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposedly all signatures have been invited to configure but there are still hundreds waiting to view it in person before configuring.

Wouldn't the "satisfaction guarantee" apply? Meaning - why worry about seeing it in person if a sig holder held on since 2012 with their reservation?

Folks signed on for signature over production to be "first" so you can only be first if you configure and get it rolling. If sigs are held up waiting for the remaining sig holders to configure, it may take quite a while to ship all the demo/test drive Model X out there to all the locations where sig holders live (one per location? two?). Some may not have time to get to a showroom to see it by end of the year. So, I suspect sig holders "waiting to see it in person" is not really a full and complete reason for not getting them into production. In 3 months, it will be 4 years since original reservations being taken and video "walk throughs" are on line from the Sept 29th event. I don't fathom the idea that Sig deliveries in the first 100 range are held up waiting for random sigs in the whole span of 1200 waiting to "see it in person". Isn't that a Catch 22 scenario?

Forget about the Sigs! I configured and locked in in 20 min last night... like a Boss :cool:
Titanium.png

And if you order a 70D apparently in a short 8-12 months you'll be the potential happy owner of a Model X - after already waiting 3 years (sorry, by then, 4 years) for it.

I always expected the options such as the fish tank center console to be the source of delays so I'm not too stressed about when we'll receive it.
I'm actually not jumping the gun given so many things seem up in the air (eg 72A)

72A charging is not up in the air... there is a $1k option to change from 48A to 72A

Clear to me, sure, but it signals ambiguity re. The offering from Tesla. There is an unannounced feature and a hidden website "Easter egg" to surface it, which is just gonna be a cause for a lot of calls later on.

Personally- I don't think this may be the only item that is in some form of gray zone for tesla in opening up the configuration. I have no evidence of another config aspect having issues, but existence of one is evidence of possibly N. and since I'm not ordering a "P" version the delays works for me

Clear to me, sure, but it signals ambiguity re. The offering from Tesla. There is an unannounced feature and a hidden website "Easter egg" to surface it, which is just gonna be a cause for a lot of calls later on.

Personally- I don't think this may be the only item that is in some form of gray zone for tesla in opening up the configuration. I have no evidence of another config aspect having issues, but existence of one is evidence of possibly N. and since I'm not ordering a "P" version the delays works for me

It would be nice if someone who has been invited to configure could take a peak at the JavaScript files and see if there are any other secret options available. :cool:

It would be nice if someone who has been invited to configure could take a peak at the JavaScript files and see if there are any other secret options available. :cool:
The code shows the charger is there.

""CH04":{"disclaimer":"This upgrade is not available after delivery","price":1000,"list_price":0,"price_indicator":"Included","name":"High Amperage Charger Upgrade","description":"Take advantage of high amperage power sources by equipping your Model X with a 72 amp onboard charger. This upgrade will only reduce charge times when connected to power sources over 48 amps. Charge rates when connected to 110 volt outlets, 220 volt outlets or Tesla Superchargers will be unaffected. "

But it's not obvious how to identify that it's hidden, therefore it's not apparent how to identify other hidden content.

I doubt the order-entry system is driven off the web site user configurator -- this seems like something deprecated (perhap for the reasons given that it really only works in the specific case of a 48A+ AC source. I'll be using a 100A circuit with an 80A charger. Not that I think I'll often need the charge, but the scenario I'm thinking of is driving around on a Friday in San Francisco, getting home with 50% charge and wanting to leave for Lake Tahoe for the weekend in a few hours, not wanting to be waiting in line at Sacramento or Truckee or half way across the summit in a blizzard with the volts dropping and me trying to hypermile with the cabin heat off. : ) This happens maybe twice in a ski season, but each time I've sat there wondering what an S or X would be telling me ... stop at a gas station and having a 2kW portable generator in the back or beg for an outlet at a (irony) gas station? Maybe keep a list of RV parks along Hwy 80? : )