Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. Configurator all you want, clock starts when you hit order. You'll see, at that point other prompts will appear including the '7 days from now' and the "confirm now" button which, for some reason then disappears after about a day. Btw, my 7 days is up TONIGHT!

EU Prod 9.11.13 and Sig EU 288 nothing beside a higher price on Model S.

I feel that I will NOT recomend anyone in EU to reserve a Model 3 Signature, you get nothing for your money.
Not even a early configuration, and guess it will be the same for Model 3 to. ;-(
I just ordered a Demo Model S 70D as waiting car and quite possible I keep it and cancel both model X-es.

I really feel for you, while I was in the line till April and then decided, that the X will come much too late for me and will be a lot more expensive then thought in 2014. As you could calculate there was the "single digit more like Model S" announcement. But then I saw the several upcoming price raisings. Till now there were 5 or 6?!? So back in 2014 it was 5k more. But based on that Model S price back then, the MX will come with adding 20k+ in Europe.

The best we could do is get a S70D now. That grows a lot of patience. [emoji3]

Have fun with it.

Greetings
Earl

Last edited:
US Only yes, nothing in Canada even for MX Sigs so far.
I get that but I got an email from them saying they were going to ask ALL reservation holders to configure before year end. My (?) was to indicate my questioning of if they meant ALL or ALL of those in the US. ;-)

"Model X deliveries have started in North America. Built electric from the ground up, Model X is designed to be the safest car in its class. It offers a breathtaking panoramic view and distinctive Falcon wing doors for convenient second and third row access. Model X provides 250 miles of range, while achieving 0-60 in 3.4 seconds for superior passing ability.

We will invite the next group of reservation holders to configure in the next few weeks. We hope to invite all current reservation holders to configure their cars before the end of 2015."

I don't think they will be asking me to configure by the end off the year! But then I only reserved in October and I live in China!

Welcome, Festerfeet!
Congrats to your reservation.
Please keep reporting during your reservation progress;)
Very interestes about the progress in China (like license plate lottery or compatibility of charging infrastructure).

Welcome, Festerfeet!
Congrats to your reservation.
Please keep reporting during your reservation progress;)
Very interestes about the progress in China (like license plate lottery or compatibility of charging infrastructure).

Thanks ev-enthusiast

Reservation progress update:
reserved October - was told at the time that configuration could be as early as March 2016 and to expect delivery 3rd quarter 2016 (probably). I was dubious about the optimistism of the sales staff but no other data to go on. They tried very hard to sell me an S which I could have had very quickly but resisted (despite being sorely tempted).

Having seen that the X ramp up in production has been slower than expected (probably), I popped into my local Tesla store in Chengdu to see if they had any news to share. They are now saying they have no idea when configuration might be but delivery would be more like the end of 2016.

This is of course dissapointing news but not a complete surprise, especially as it may not be very accurate either. Seeing the look on my face the salesperson quickly offered a solution which was an 85D S brand new with a 50,000 RMB discount. She nearly had me then but I can't justify buying an S now and and an X next year and the S doesn't quite fullfill my needs.

License Plate Lottery - is avoided by buying a Tesla in the cities that use that rule which makes it attractive. In Beijing and ShanghaiEVs can take advantage of bus lanes. My city has not yet introduced LPL but instead limits car usage by end number so one day a week I cannot use my ICE to get to work. Having an EV will mean I can drive everyday.

Compatibility of charging infrastructure - SC network will cover the major routes between every city by sometime in 2016 - it is going well.

Lots of destination chargers at hotels both in city and tourist destinations but all at high end places and generally limited to 36 amps max. I hope to see lots more very soon.

Quite a number of chargers around the city being put in place by companies on a pay as you go - these are AC points and usually go up to 12.5kw these are all pretty new and are being put into new office blocks public parking spaces. Never seen any being used but at least they are going in.

State Grid supercharging-type stations are starting to be built in and around Beijing are supposed to be rolled out onto the motorway system...in the future. (this could mean anything between next week to never) I don't know this for a fact but the only time someone has tried to use a Tesla to charge they were unsuccessful. These are DC very high amperage systems but compatibility is not clear yet (to me anyway). I remain optimistic!!

Sorry if this is too much information but you did ask. :biggrin:

Thanks for the update! Good info, never too much!

Thanks ev-enthusiast

Reservation progress update:
reserved October - was told at the time that configuration could be as early as March 2016 and to expect delivery 3rd quarter 2016 (probably). I was dubious about the optimistism of the sales staff but no other data to go on. They tried very hard to sell me an S which I could have had very quickly but resisted (despite being sorely tempted).

Having seen that the X ramp up in production has been slower than expected (probably), I popped into my local Tesla store in Chengdu to see if they had any news to share. They are now saying they have no idea when configuration might be but delivery would be more like the end of 2016.

This is of course dissapointing news but not a complete surprise, especially as it may not be very accurate either. Seeing the look on my face the salesperson quickly offered a solution which was an 85D S brand new with a 50,000 RMB discount. She nearly had me then but I can't justify buying an S now and and an X next year and the S doesn't quite fullfill my needs.

License Plate Lottery - is avoided by buying a Tesla in the cities that use that rule which makes it attractive. In Beijing and ShanghaiEVs can take advantage of bus lanes. My city has not yet introduced LPL but instead limits car usage by end number so one day a week I cannot use my ICE to get to work. Having an EV will mean I can drive everyday.

Compatibility of charging infrastructure - SC network will cover the major routes between every city by sometime in 2016 - it is going well.

Lots of destination chargers at hotels both in city and tourist destinations but all at high end places and generally limited to 36 amps max. I hope to see lots more very soon.

Quite a number of chargers around the city being put in place by companies on a pay as you go - these are AC points and usually go up to 12.5kw these are all pretty new and are being put into new office blocks public parking spaces. Never seen any being used but at least they are going in.

State Grid supercharging-type stations are starting to be built in and around Beijing are supposed to be rolled out onto the motorway system...in the future. (this could mean anything between next week to never) I don't know this for a fact but the only time someone has tried to use a Tesla to charge they were unsuccessful. These are DC very high amperage systems but compatibility is not clear yet (to me anyway). I remain optimistic!!

Sorry if this is too much information but you did ask. :biggrin:

Hello!

Maybe someone will share access to the configurator Model X?

Before you order yourself Model X wanted to explore the configurator. Thanks in advance to those who will help in this matter.

Hello!

Maybe someone will share access to the configurator Model X?

Before you order yourself Model X wanted to explore the configurator. Thanks in advance to those who will help in this matter.
And have you order my X for me by mistakenly pushing the "order" button? I don't think so. ;-)

Currently the configurator is locked down and you have to sign in with your personal account name and password to get access to it so sharing it with you would require that someone give you their account sign in and password. Not gonna happen.

- - - Updated - - -

This is going to have to be good enough. Thanks beths11! I forgot about that video. ;-)