Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this icon for on my Nav screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t seem to do anything. My NOA seems to work the same regardless of whether I select the icon (blue) or not. Don’t see anything in the owners manual.

Attachments

• 3554A9EB-8113-46B6-896B-A0922F0713B9.jpeg
    3554A9EB-8113-46B6-896B-A0922F0713B9.jpeg
    809.7 KB · Views: 281
  • FC77EF7F-43BC-4344-8BF9-2613512772DF.jpeg
    FC77EF7F-43BC-4344-8BF9-2613512772DF.jpeg
    705.1 KB · Views: 223
Navigating to a Destination

If Navigate on Autopilot(if available in your market region) is enabled, you can turn it on for the navigation route by touching Navigate on Autopilot in the turn-by-turn direction list (when the feature is active, the icon is blue). Navigate on Autopilot is a full self-driving (Beta) feature that automatically changes lanes and steers Model S on controlled-access roads (like highways and freeways), along a navigation route. For details, see Navigate on Autopilot.​
If you're referring to behavior on city streets, that button doesn't do anything (yet?).

That's Tesla Enhanced Driver Assist (NoA). With it not enabled, your car will maintain its lane and you can initiate lane changes manually, but it won't automatically change lanes or take interchanges between highways or freeways.
NoA in Europe never does anything automatic.
NoA will only suggest lane changes, which you have to approve manually.
There is hardly any difference between AutoPilot and NoA in Europe, except the price difference. :(

That's Tesla Enhanced Driver Assist (NoA). With it not enabled, your car will maintain its lane and you can initiate lane changes manually, but it won't automatically change lanes or take interchanges between highways or freeways.
But it does. I set the destination for home and it took turns, stopped at both stoplights and stop signs with it off. I’ll have to test it again but it seems like it just changes color. It felt like it assumed NOA when I selected FSD while navigating.

But it does. I set the destination for home and it took turns, stopped at both stoplights and stop signs with it off. I’ll have to test it again but it seems like it just changes color. It felt like it assumed NOA when I selected FSD while navigating.
It may be a bug in the software version you're on. Without that feature enabled, the car should not be navigating at all and will just maintain the lane.

Are you referring to the FSD Beta Stack or the NoA highway Stack? It doesn't do anything on the FSD Beta Stack. it is only for the highway Stack.

You are located in the USA, where NoA behaves much better.
But from your description, it looks like you are using the new FSD Beta functionality, not NoA.

So what does NOA add if FSD Beta takes offramps, stops at appropriate places, pauses to make turns etc?
Currently, until V11 is released, Driver Assist, Enhanced Driver Assist, and Advanced Driver Assist are on different software stacks. When you are on city streets, your car is running Advanced Driver Assist software. But when you enter a freeway, the software switches to an older code that just runs Driver Assist and Enhanced Driver Assist. That older Enhanced Driver Assist takes care of lane switching and freeway interchanges when enabled. Once you exit the freeway, the stack switches to the new version.

Also just to translate what Dewg posted:

Advanced Driver Assist = FSD Beta Stack (unrelated to the button)
Driver Assist = Highway Stack but NOT using NoA (NoA button Off/white)
Advanced Driver Assist = Highway Stack USING NoA (NoA button On/blue)

Highway Stack takes over on all limited access highways.