Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this number shown on screen? [odometer]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just got our new Model 3 Long Range three days ago, and of course we’re loving it so far.

One thing I’m confused by is the range shown on the Software screen. We have a LR with 18” wheels, so I believe our advertised range is 576km. What then does the 482km represent in the screenshot?

I have an 80% charge limit set, but 482 isn’t 80% of 576, and if I change the limit, the 482km doesn’t change.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 64630393-3A48-4191-9D48-CC4636E563F5.jpeg
    64630393-3A48-4191-9D48-CC4636E563F5.jpeg
    416.3 KB · Views: 109
I have seen this mistake before in this forum. I would say it's not quite as bad as the other one, where someone was distressed about the %, and then someone pointed out that was the % of their phone's battery, because it was a screen shot.
It was definitely a case of terrible timing on my part. If I had noticed that value two days beforehand, or two days afterwards, it would have been different enough from the car's advertised range that I probably (hopefully!) would have clued in to what it was.

It was definitely a case of terrible timing on my part. If I had noticed that value two days beforehand, or two days afterwards, it would have been different enough from the car's advertised range that I probably (hopefully!) would have clued in to what it was.

Appreciate you being a good sport about it 👍