Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your best Wh/mi record?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMThree

Mar 28, 2019
USA
Only 600 miles on my LR RWD so far, but I let AP drive around traffic for a while and got this when I was done and heading home.

20190407_142751.jpg

I got 211 wh/mi on an 80 mile trip over the course of 1.75 hours this past weekend. Thought that was pretty good... (P3D- w/ Aeros).
251 wh/mi on my trip in to work this morning, Averaged 60 mph..but that had a good amount at 80 mph and some at 45 mph. I'm pretty happy with that.

Here's my record, after I cooked my brakes and until I got them repaired, out of concern in avoiding doing more damage, I drove in such a way over a two & a half day period I used my friction brakes maybe a half dozen times and never at more than 10mph.

IMG_4666.JPG

Who says you can't get better than EPA numbers on a LR D? :p

The majority of these miles were actually done at Interstate speeds, roughly 70 to 75 mph. Avoiding friction braking entirely was a bit tricky, and occasionally hairy, but doable. I also got pretty good at shifting to R (or D when rolling backwards) when <= 5mph and using the motor as an active, powered brake. That obviously wasn't conducive to Wh/mile efficiency but it did allow me to stop precisely on modest downhill slopes.

Last edited:
I am usually appalled when I check the energy consumption.
I have been worried my tires will go bald before the winter.
I swear the car loan is under my name but I have been driving it like I stole it.

I’m renting one via Turo on a trip this week, before I head home and pick mine up Friday(!!)

I’m averaging about 330-340 or so on the rental. I was wondering about that ... I thought those were pretty awful numbers but I’m having a ton of fun with this thing, not worrying about the consumption.

I’ll be better when it’s mine at home... maybe .....