Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know ICE is on the decline when on my commute to work via train, every stop on the train had one or more visible EV (usually a Tesla) in the commuter parking lot. This wasn't the case a year ago.

Here in the city, I used to see 1-2 Tesla’s. Per week.

Now, it’s more like 10-15. Per day. I commute back and forth from Williamsburg to Midtown. I notice a new Tesla around my neighborhood every week or two. Mostly Model 3s, but the X is very popular as well.

At least 4 people in the vicinity charge on 110 from their apt, running the cord across the public sidewalk with an orange cone alerting pedestrians. Never thought I’d see that in NYC.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
We purchased an X for my wife,
38861308_1996191793724547_8315170046422810624_n.jpg
then I purchased a P3D= and then sold my X 2 a friend. everybody happy,

• Love
Reactions: focher
Here in the city, I used to see 1-2 Tesla’s. Per week.

Now, it’s more like 10-15. Per day. I commute back and forth from Williamsburg to Midtown. I notice a new Tesla around my neighborhood every week or two. Mostly Model 3s, but the X is very popular as well.

At least 4 people in the vicinity charge on 110 from their apt, running the cord across the public sidewalk with an orange cone alerting pedestrians. Never thought I’d see that in NYC.

The electrician that installed my NEMA 14-50 source told me that it has reached a point here (Twin Cities) where EV installs are pretty much the only thing he does now. He even told me that in the last week he did 3 installs for an I-Pace which he had never done before.

2019 Model 3 Performance replaces my 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited with significant performance mods (including a supercharger). I'm going from a car that I wrenched on for countless hours with no part untouched by me, to a car that I'm just going to enjoy owning and driving. My desire to wrench will be covered by my Jeep and Motorcycles.