Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Kind of Car Did The Model 3 Replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Honda Fit. I still have the Honda for its carrying capacity (hatchbacks are very useful), and to drive into places with questionable parking.

I always thought I was going fast in my Honda once I reached 70, and especially 75. 80 is on rare occasions when the stars align (no one cuts me off, level highway or going downhill, no passengers).

Now in my performance 3, I'm constantly telling myself "with great power comes great responsibility" while resisting the urge to slam the pedal everywhere.

i am curious cause many prob feel its Prius and Volt/Leaf owners but I have a feeling many sportscar owners switched to the M3.

Please list what car you used to drive or sold to get the model 3 and which model 3 you bought !

I sold my BMW M4 and I’m glad I did... I have awd m3 long range but with many mods already .
I sold a Ford Fusion Energi.. Got the SR+ and is the best car I have ever owned.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
2017 Ford Focus Electric which I owned a whopping 11 months. Well leased, and then made $2400 on all said and done selling it to Tesla. I might be the only person in history to lease a car for 36 months, get rid of it at 11, and make money.

While I miss CarPlay, the P3D is a little bit faster than the Focus was. Focus replaced a 15 F-150 4x4 on 34's which replaced an 09 Cayman which replaced a 15 q5 which replaced an 08 STi which replaced a 06 Tacoma which....I have a problem. But I dont foresee getting rid of the Tesla anytime soon. Fast, comfortable, great tech, carpool access, cheap to operate with free charging at work. What could be better?

i am curious cause many prob feel its Prius and Volt/Leaf owners but I have a feeling many sportscar owners switched to the M3.

Please list what car you used to drive or sold to get the model 3 and which model 3 you bought !

I sold my BMW M4 and I’m glad I did... I have awd m3 long range but with many mods already .

We traded in our 2015 Prius for m3 SR+. Such an improvement. Before that we had a LEAF. We liked the LEAF better than the Prius, but the m3 is very similar to our old BMW e91 3 series.

Love solar and my M3DM vs $4+/gal gas @ 17.5mpg

Now I only check gas prices when I ride my motorcycle...

Isn't it a great feeling with solar and EVs? People talk about the price of gas or ask about a nearby station and I can say "I have no idea what the price is and I don't care!" Well, maybe not exactly like that, but that's the sentiment. :)

Isn't it a great feeling with solar and EVs? People talk about the price of gas or ask about a nearby station and I can say "I have no idea what the price is and I don't care!" Well, maybe not exactly like that, but that's the sentiment. :)

Yeah, I was driving our Outback in a hurry yesterday and the low gas indicator came on the screen - really chapped my hide for the inconvenience it caused me!