Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What motor does your 2023 Model Y have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And? Wouldn’t happen to have a Dragy would ya?
Nope I do not.

I got scared something happened during install but I rebooted and everything was good 😂

Haven’t had much time to really test it yet but can definitely feel it hits harder when accelerating from a roll and lower speeds. I know the stock LR doesn’t launch as hard from lower speeds. I want to test it out still from a hard stop and see how it accelerates.

Need to spend some time reading the user manual and getting to know everything it can do and how to use everything properly.

Nope I do not.

I got scared something happened during install but I rebooted and everything was good 😂

Haven’t had much time to really test it yet but can definitely feel it hits harder when accelerating from a roll and lower speeds. I know the stock LR doesn’t launch as hard from lower speeds. I want to test it out still from a hard stop and see how it accelerates.

Need to spend some time reading the user manual and getting to know everything it can do and how to use everything properly.
Fun…keep us updated with your experiences?

Reactions: lolsups
Nope I do not.

Know anyone with a MY Performance? Would like to know how the 4D1 ghosted LR does against a production YP in even a 0-60 run.+

Dang.. with 279mi MY being equipped with performance motor at $46,990 this is a great deal. Imagine ghost mod'n 279mi with this price
We don't know if this is true for all 279mi cars yet, or do we? This was the end of the quarter and maybe they were just throwing together anything they had. Also possible that this motor is cheaper to build and so they will be putting it in every Austin Y going forward. Tesla loves the idea of selling upgrades later, so they could offer some kind of performance upgrade on these later. I was also wondering if they sent some Germany made motors over for testing and that is why a few appeared. But I paid $51990 to ensure delivery before end of March. So I lost $5k in resale value 20 days unless demand kicks in and they raise prices again. Ghost will be my revenge! But I think with Austin ramping up, prices will only fall. But Elon said he anticipates FSD complete (robotaxis enabled) this year on earning call yesterday. (Heard that before!?) So if/when that happens we will all have made $$$ buying these cars. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 455dan
Dang.. with 279mi MY being equipped with performance motor at $46,990 this is a great deal. Imagine ghost mod'n 279mi with this price
It really IS. Only had my Y Performance for a month but it grows on me Everyday.

Some folks are getting rides in friends cars delivered since the January Price drop and were on the fence...
but want a new Y will probably pull the trigger now with another big price drop and a tax break to put an AWD Y in the drive for $39500??. That is a Bargain.

Would I trade my Y Performance for a less expensive Y No, No I wouldn't It has a Good warranty, that is worth something to me.
Plus I Got a Great build- no leaks, squeaks, bad panel gaps, or paint defects.

My car only had one defect a slight bow near the Tesla emblem when the Frunk is closed. Its own little birth mark. Happy Happy Happy

Reactions: Tofuprince
If ya think about performance motors being built into all production MYs right now, MYP owners are kinda left with sour taste in their mouth.., cuz Tesla advertises “performance model” as an upgrade to MYP but they puttin the same P motors in AWD and LR lol…
Yes but if you look at adding the cost of the ghost upgrade to get similar performance to MYP then you are paying like $2K or so and the fact that perhaps the ghost upgrade violates warranty. Its not like the ghost upgrade is free and the difference is only 4K and you get bigger tires, and spoiler with the MYP. You are only comparing the motors which is only 1 portion of what you get with the MYP. It is still a crapshoot on whether you are getting the 980 or 4D1 motors.

It seems 4D1 motor is becoming universal. Most likely 4D1 is cheapest to produce out of all the motors available currently
The 4D1 motor is manufactured in Austin and almost every Austin build MYLR is now coming with them. Most of the 4680 MYAWD are getting the 3D5 but we are now starting to see some with the 4D1. Fremont MYP's often have the 4D1, as well, but the MYLR typically has the 3D5.

You can look at MY inventory in the link below - when you click on the vehicle, the Manufacturing Code List (bottom right) will tell you the Rear Motor. If you want to filter down to see the MYLR, type "Long Range" in the Search field.

Reactions: somepaladin