Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What No Parts for 2016 Model S?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2016 Model S got in a minor accident on April2, 2018. Sent it to an authorized Tesla repair body shop. Parts ordered on April 10.

Today is May 10, 2018.

No anticipated date on parts delivery!

I inquired on my Tesla account got lots of responses saying they are "working on the problem", they have "expedited the parts order", they have sent "some".

Over a month and no anticipated delivery of the parts.

Anyone else concerned?

Bill W

San Diego

My 2016 Model S got in a minor accident on April2, 2018. Sent it to an authorized Tesla repair body shop. Parts ordered on April 10.

Today is May 10, 2018.

I inquired on my Tesla account got lots of responses saying they are "working on the problem", they have "expedited the parts order", they have sent "some".

Anyone else concerned?

Bill W

San Diego

• Funny
Reactions: jeffro01

Today is May 10, 2018.

Anyone else concerned?

Bill W

San Diego

Today is May 10, 2018.

Anyone else concerned?

Bill W

San Diego

If it was a minor accident, why not continue driving your Tesla until the parts come in? That's what I did for a few weeks while waiting for bumper parts. The insurance company was happy for me to do that (once I got ahold of someone with a brain, that is) because it saved them three weeks of car rental.

If it was a minor accident, why not continue driving your Tesla until the parts come in? That's what I did for a few weeks while waiting for bumper parts. The insurance company was happy for me to do that (once I got ahold of someone with a brain, that is) because it saved them three weeks of car rental.

Most body shops want to tear down the damaged area of the car so they can figure out all the parts they might need at once. There’s usually damage under the surface. Once it’s torn down, insurance companies don’t want to have to pay for them to put the broken parts back on.

• Helpful
Reactions: DC Autocraft
Most body shops want to tear down the damaged area of the car so they can figure out all the parts they might need at once. There’s usually damage under the surface. Once it’s torn down, insurance companies don’t want to have to pay for them to put the broken parts back on.
It's pay the shop a few hours of labor or pay for several weeks of a rental car. I'm sure the insurance company will pay to put it back together if it's presented to them that way.

It's pay the shop a few hours of labor or pay for several weeks of a rental car. I'm sure the insurance company will pay to put it back together if it's presented to them that way.

That's exactly what I did. "Do you want to pay for three or four weeks of rental car coverage or pay the body shop another two hours to replace and then re-remove the bumper?" Once I was able to reach a person with the authority to not act like a mindless robot, the insurance company realized this was a better way to go. Obviously, my interest in the matter wasn't saving the insurance company money as much as it was avoiding a crappy ICE rental car for a month.

I would like to see these issues tracked on a part by part level, in an effort to crowdsource what components, if any, are the ones driving these long leads. Maybe it's only a few of them, maybe it's a lot of them, who knows. Could be interesting if all the long lead ones had a few parts in common.

My wife damaged my bumper on my 2013 Model S pulling out of the garage. It will have to be replaced along with the lights on it. The spare parts (clips and stuff) arrived within a week or two. The lights arrived in 3 weeks. Been over a month now and just waiting on the bumper cover. Unfortunately car was no drivable due to hanging bumper lol. I miss my car...

Guess I went overboard. I am lame. I also will not support a company that take parts to new cars rather than taking care of the existing customers like Tesla.

Welcome to owning a Tesla. This has been a newsworthy topic for years, I cannot really sympathize with folks who didnt do the research on the horrible repair times on Teslas (or those who thought they were above getting in an accident). Get it repaired, file a diminished value claim, sell it.

Guess I went overboard. I am lame. I also will not support a company that take parts to new cars rather than taking care of the existing customers like Tesla.

Couldn't agree with you more. You haven't gone overboard. And yes you should keep making noise about it. Tesla are greedy and look down on their customers. Accident on March 2nd....still. no. car. Final piece, the loom, ordered by body shop on 16 May. Tesla still not have managed to ship this. I will make more and more noise until "folks who didn't do the research on horrible repair times on Teslas" like me, start hearing and seeing this and STOP buying Teslas, then the company will pay attention. I have all the emails the company didn;t intend for me to see. Their response? .....
"There is an open customer escalation with the Body Shop Support team. Please leverage this team to support with the customer experience aspect of this delay." This is how Tesla speaks to and deals with its authorized repairers.....and what it thinks of us,

Attachments

• Tesla Damage.jpg
    Tesla Damage.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 64