Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What order do they build cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone else I know ordered their car a few days after mine (VIN ending in 555). Mine has a VIN ending in 588. Not sure why mine is numbered after his given I ordered earlier? His car went into production a few days ago, whereas mine is still "in the production queue". We are both in Australia, his is a 70D, mine is an 85D. The only other spec difference is I ordered Next Gen seats, everything else the same, even the color. Does anyone know how this works?

We know that cars are built in batches, so depending upon what was configured, it will get built along with similar configurations. It's also known that the higher priced cars tend to get batched before the lower priced cars. We also know that they don't build them in strict VIN order.

We know that cars are built in batches, so depending upon what was configured, it will get built along with similar configurations. It's also known that the higher priced cars tend to get batched before the lower priced cars.

Except in this case where the lower priced 70D is being built before the higher priced 85D, so that theory doesn't always hold up.