Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like that just fractures things. I'm hear to learn about interesting stocks to consider (and why). That just means I have to subscribe to yet another board to find out about various tech companies. Seems like that leads down the road of fracturing for all various markets:
mining tech companies in thread A
wireless tech companies in thread B
battery tech companies in thread C
ev car tech companies in thread D
solar tech companies in thread E
and so on and so on.

I can see the Resource Angle more for getting into the nitty gritty of a resource (nickel scarcity, difficulties, details on a process, etc).

if you read the resource thread you’ll see the discussion of all the resource related pure play stocks, so it’s not ‘other tech stocks’ its resource related stocks

Rumor mills has it that $CCIV is a SPAC that's considering a merger with Lucid Motors. This was pure speculation a loong time ago, but now Bloomberg has picked it up, giving some more legitimacy to the rumor.

I picked up some $CCIV commons @$11.xx on this rumor. Willing to risk 10% downside to see this through. Worst case scenario, if they don't merge, whenever options open up, I'll sell covered calls until I get called away.

Despite what DaveT says, I think Lucid has a legitimate chance of competing against $TSLA. That's a lot more than I can say for most EV/HFC reverse-merger SPAC deals coming to market.

I'd like to buy you an e-beer for that one. I got in at $12.50 up 20% already. When this is announced officially (if the rumor is legit) I can't see it not hitting $20 given what some of these other SPACs are doing.

Reactions: ZeApelido
I'd like to buy you an e-beer for that one. I got in at $12.50 up 20% already. When this is announced officially (if the rumor is legit) I can't see it not hitting $20 given what some of these other SPACs are doing.

Holy moley, it's up nicely pre-market too! $14.71 as of this writing.

I owe @hershey101 an e-beer as well.

Yes make that 3. Picked up 4000 shares to speculate on round $12.

Thanks to TSLA, somehow $50k is speculative money.

Yes make that 3. Picked up 4000 shares to speculate on round $12.

Thanks to TSLA, somehow $50k is speculative money.
I made the same point earlier. I speculated on lots of new shares around 6 months ago. They have mostly done really well but they remain a small part of my portfolio. I need to make bigger bets to diversify but that requires either lots of analysis or courage (for want of a better word...) when you are talking these kinds of figures.

Reactions: ZeApelido
PLUG just hit $70 premarket on news of a deal with Renault. I don't know if I'd recommend buying at this point buy hopefully some of y'all got in when I mentioned at $28 last month. I'm actually selling half my remaining position this morning.

PLUG just hit $70 premarket on news of a deal with Renault. I don't know if I'd recommend buying at this point buy hopefully some of y'all got in when I mentioned at $28 last month. I'm actually selling half my remaining position this morning.

Does PLUG even have a product? I just get the "Nikola feeling" from them.

Not to mention . . . hydrogen . . . need we say more?