Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have followed and bought ENPH when they were trading in the 5$ range. I made a mistake of selling half when they got to 35$. I compounded my mistake by selling Feb 21 calls as I thought the stock had run up quite a bit. I was forced(well not forced but I did not want my sold calls to get exercised) to buy to close those calls.

ENPH was up 45% after earnings. I agree that there seems to be room for both ENPH and SEDG to grow. I bought some SEDG just before their earnings. Market caps are too big to be considered as likely acquisition targets for TSLA. Has TSLA acquired any public company in the past?
Yes, Solar City and Maxwell were both public. Maybe others I'm forgetting.

Does anyone know what's "wrong" with CSIQ - Canadian Solar? They are consistently profitable and seem to be priced low when looking at PB ~1.0, PE ~6.5, PS ~0.4. The CEO/Founder offered to take it private, I think about two years ago, at around ~$18.00 but it was declined. They've recently announced a $150m share repurchase program (will remove ~16% of float if completed at around current price ~23.00).

I've been accumulating some CSIQ over the years but I am thinking to commit much more as it does seem like a good company to be in. Unless I am missing something.

• Informative
Reactions: aubreymcfato
MODERATOR:
Yes, I am long SPCE-U, so I have a natural bias in favor of this company.

Regardless, neither this nor any other thread in the Investor Forum is to be used as a medium for Tweet-sized vacuous diatribes against it or any other company. Violators will lose posting privileges.

@AudubonB noted, would love your thoughts on the company long term. I'm super impressed with Chamath and he's the chairman although I don't really care for Branson.

I don't hate it personally long term, I just think the current valuation is insane and seems to be propped up by retail WSB types. And I'm not sure if the 5 minutes in low level space will hold much value compared to what SpaceX and Bezos's company are aiming for.

Reactions: abasile
@AudubonB noted, would love your thoughts on the company long term. I'm super impressed with Chamath and he's the chairman although I don't really care for Branson.

I don't hate it personally long term, I just think the current valuation is insane and seems to be propped up by retail WSB types. And I'm not sure if the 5 minutes in low level space will hold much value compared to what SpaceX and Bezos's company are aiming for.

I agree, would honestly like @AudubonB thoughts on SPCE.

The company said they have close to 8,000 reservations or $2.4 billion in potential revenue. That's what raised it some today. I'm long SPCE.
8000 reservations or people who just submitted their email address for information? They all put a significant deposit down showing interest?

Tesla's Roadster deposit is $50k so I would expect something similar considering the pricing.

Anyone have any deep analysis on the company?

Last edited: