Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like ARK/Cathie Wood have filed with the SEC to launch its Space ETF, ARKX, on Monday, March 29, 2021. Will be interesting to see the holdings.
Bought some of this GNPK SPAC in the premarket today that's supposedly merging with a "space infrastructure company" named Redwire. Was gonna just offload it after no pop at the open, but maybe Cathie's pending fund is a reason to hold.

Still holding out hope Elon decides to SPAC Starlink into one of Chamath's funds. Put them both in the ARK space fund and watch it take off.

Here's a different company I'm just starting to look at, Coupang, the Amazon of South Korea. They just IPOed on NASDAQ a couple of weeks ago (CPNG). It is trading at a low right now. Just 6x price to sales. Here's their prospectus:

The theoretical question (for me) on this one is "what's the bottom?". While they are 6X price to sales, the market is very bearish all of a sudden.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
A thought I posted in the main thread....

Bought some of this GNPK SPAC in the premarket today that's supposedly merging with a "space infrastructure company" named Redwire. Was gonna just offload it after no pop at the open, but maybe Cathie's pending fund is a reason to hold.

Still holding out hope Elon decides to SPAC Starlink into one of Chamath's funds. Put them both in the ARK space fund and watch it take off.

When Starlink spins out of SpaceX, it won’t be a SPAC, it'll be a traditional IPO, and it won’t happen for a couple of years.

Thoughts on IPO vs direct listing? Agreed it likely won't SPAC. But I find merits for both (1) a traditional IPO approach which grants preferential access to shares to TSLA investors, and certain classes of other investors; and (2) a direct listing (as with PLTR).

Thoughts on IPO vs direct listing? Agreed it likely won't SPAC. But I find merits for both (1) a traditional IPO approach which grants preferential access to shares to TSLA investors, and certain classes of other investors; and (2) a direct listing (as with PLTR).
So far Elon has used underwriters for all of Tesla’s fund raises. They have their uses. I don’t see why he would change for this one. Be aware that the Starlink IPO will be huge.

Reactions: bkp_duke
Consider Weedmaps: Weedmaps: Rare Combination Of Cannabis Stock, Tech And SPAC
  • Weedmaps announced that it will go public via a SPAC called Silver Spike Acquisition Corp in a $1.5B deal.
  • Weedmaps is a popular listing service for local cannabis shops and it is also building out a suite of software products for the cannabis sector.
  • We are bullish on the business overall but would await better entry points after the recent rally that pushed valuation to 17x 2021E revenue.
If you don't want to click on a SeekingAlpha article, see this Twitter thread by @plantmath1:
$SSPK is going to become $MAPS:

Lordstown is not a company I would touch myself (do your own research, make your own decisions). Last month there was a VERY convincing short seller report with some pretty damning evidence about manufactured orders.

Personally, I'll reconsider them when/if I see actual product delivered to actual clients.

As a short term investor, Lordstown could be an interesting buy. The stock could indeed get a pop due to many upcoming catalysts, or not.

As a long term hodl investor, I personally think it is too soon to say. People tend to forget that starting an auto manufacturer is really, really hard. Tesla has gone through at least three near bankruptcy experiences itself. I personally would wait until they start delivering cars and even then I would wait to see what their sales reception is like, and then take a peek at their finances to see if they can survive to profitability and/or be able to raise more money.

That’s why I invested in GP rather than RIDE. GP has delivered products, their finances look good (now, since their latest raise), they have a good sales ramp, they have fairly unique products. There are negatives to be sure, and I’m not 100% convinced they’ll still be attractive 5 years from now, but for now, I like the stock.

Question: what’s unique about Lordstown product and/or company?