Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw half of Mobileye roadshow, decided to watch whole thing later, but now they took it down.

$45 for an image processing chip seems expensive. $130 for three camera view system is very expensive. And competitors are Nvidia that already selling it chips to automakers(4.5million cars already on roads) for infotainment while advertising ADAS and Qualcomm, who also actively developing ADAS. And if chips from Nvidia/Qualcomm would be integrated by automaker anyway(infotainment and connectivity), why not to use them for ADAS, instead of acquiring additional chip from 3d party?

Another problem - Mobileye developed it core tech around 2004 and started to sell first version of it chip in 2007. But world have changed, around 2010 neural nets started to beat classical vision algorithms on hardest benchmarks. Large scale commercial deployments followed in 2012 for speech and image recognition. In 2013 ImageNet competition old school gave up, all entries were based around convolutional neural nets. No matter what subset of vision algorithms Mobileye is using, it wont be able to compete with systems based around deep learning in terms of accuracy. And Nvidia is very well positioned to take advantage of convolutional neural nets because most cutting edge research in deep learning currently done using Nvidia GPUs...

I think it takes a little bit for the bid/ask spread to come together. I remember watching the Facebook IPO on CNBC and it took a while.

The thing is that I can't even put in a buy order with my bank... I can find the ticker but then I get an error message saying something like (translated): "The security can not be found in the trading system".

Over 20mm shares traded now at 11:12 am - hockeythug's Vanguard dingdong should be told it's a NYSE listing, you're NOT buying it in Israel.
Over the decades, I've enriched a lot more fine folks at Goldman than they have to me. So why should it be any different today? :redface: