Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read in an article this morning that the Series A round was a few VC firms and some angel investors (accredited) too. I emailed Trello this morning to see if the round had completely closed or not, and they replied back saying the round had closed.

In order for an angel investor to get into a hot company like Trello, they need to be very close with the company/founders or they need to really show they can add value as an investor. Since Trello has amazing traction, is likely profitable already, and has proven leadership, they can choose from any investor they like.

I heard that Square's Series A was very hot (a while back). Kevin Rose ended up making a viral video about Square and then begged/asked to get into the round, and they let him in.

Thanks Dave..no VIP here...well maybe to my kids...guess I will keep investing in them.

Does anyone have an official IPO date for Mobileye? All I have seen is this week. I'm wondering if an offical date hasn't been announced yet because they are waiting for TSLA ER, and if it does end up being significant doing the IPO on Friday.

I think that would be a fantastic way to create an exciting IPO.

Does anyone have an official IPO date for Mobileye? All I have seen is this week. I'm wondering if an offical date hasn't been announced yet because they are waiting for TSLA ER, and if it does end up being significant doing the IPO on Friday.

I think that would be a fantastic way to create an exciting IPO.

Originally I though it was next Tuesday, but I did read today that it was suppose to be this Friday...I will see if I can find the link.

Johan. Read your post on the other thread about missing out on GPro. That day I kept a watch on the price and tried to 'time' buying in. I did start at $22, but ended up at $25 before the order took. I plan to do the same thing Friday with MBLY.

Thanks for the advice. I guess that's the way to do it... We'll have to see how they price the IPO first.

I watched their IPO roadshow presentation last night and their "new future" timeframe which is semi autonomous highway driving in 2016.

EyeQ3- to be launched in early 2015 by seven OEMs. We also currently have design wins with three additional OEMs for launches expected after 2015. In addition to significant pgrades of all of the above functions, EyeQ3 supports full braking AEB, structure from motion functionalities, road profile reconstruction, debris detection, general object detection, and traffic light detection. Multiple EyeQ3s working with multiple focal cameras will be part of our first launch of autonomous driving, which we currently expect in 2016.

Last edited:
Johan. Read your post on the other thread about missing out on GPro. That day I kept a watch on the price and tried to 'time' buying in. I did start at $22, but ended up at $25 before the order took. I plan to do the same thing Friday with MBLY.

I am considering just putting in a market order, or is that a bad idea? Maybe put in a limit order at 5% over IPO would be better. I want to get some for my ira as a 2-5 year investment so I'm not concerned about trying to time it. I don't want some bot to front run my order either and rip me off at 2x price.

I am considering just putting in a market order, or is that a bad idea? Maybe put in a limit order at 5% over IPO would be better. I want to get some for my ira as a 2-5 year investment so I'm not concerned about trying to time it. I don't want some bot to front run my order either and rip me off at 2x price.

I don't like market orders, especially with IPOs. I admit, I am not an 'expert' on IPOs, just like to invest in things I like or know. My investment decisions are part Peter Lynch (look around you and invest in what you know) and 'seat of the pants/luck'. So, never follow my advice:wink:

I don't like market orders, especially with IPOs. I admit, I am not an 'expert' on IPOs, just like to invest in things I like or know. My investment decisions are part Peter Lynch (look around you and invest in what you know) and 'seat of the pants/luck'. So, never follow my advice:wink:

I'm not so sure I see what's special about MBLY. It's just a camera with a well-written program. How hard is that to replicate? If tesla is indeed working on its own autonomous driving, then no one would need to buy this equipment. My understanding is that high end cars already have some sort of lane change warning built in and if those manufactures improve that system, then why would anyone buy this system? What makes MBLY so special? Are they an acquisition target?

This sort of equipment is essential to any car of the future, but why is MBLY the company to do it?

I'm not so sure I see what's special about MBLY. It's just a camera with a well-written program. How hard is that to replicate? If tesla is indeed working on its own autonomous driving, then no one would need to buy this equipment. My understanding is that high end cars already have some sort of lane change warning built in and if those manufactures improve that system, then why would anyone buy this system? What makes MBLY so special? Are they an acquisition target?

Their camera technology, microprocessor, software, and millions of miles of data make them special. You are correct: high end cars are using Mobileye technology. BMW and others do not advertise they are using Mobileye's technology for various reasons.

Tesla's autonomous driving program is integrating Mobileye's technology with Tesla's automobiles and their existing technology (touch screen, warning displays, etc.).

Not a tech stock, but I'm LOVING the Pollo Loco (LOCO) stock that I bought last friday!

Wish I'd learn from experience though. As with TSLA, I only bought half as much as I really wanted to. I should grow a pair.

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 10.09.35 PM.png