Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should I look for or ask when I go pick up my used 90D Tesla model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be picking up the used model S 90D

It is a 2016 model with 9,378 miles, newer front end, clean record with no accident or repair for $63,200

I bought it because I think it is a fair deal considering low mileage and newer front end.

Should I be concerned over anything? This will be my first Tesla.

Hope for some advices from veteran owners here. Thank you.

I think you can focus mostly on the paint, finish, condition, etc. other than confirming it has all the options you expect. What features are included? I would want to see the historical service docs, just to understand what types of things have already been updated / fixed. Otherwise, you have full warranty so no concerns about future issues.

My personal experience is as long as you're covered with warranty, you should be fine and well covered with service, they will proactively replace whatever does not perform to spec.

After your warranty is out, it seems Tesla Service sometimes may have difficulty shifting to another mentality: the owner now pays for the repairs and thus should be given more explanations over the nature of repairs as well as considerations on judgement calls, as opposed to the corporate all-or-nothing repair mindset for cars under warranty. A good working relationship needs to be developed with service people in order to really make those cars last for the high mileage they were intended for without requiring redundant, unnecessary repairs (door handle modules, suspension joints, etc)

When Tesla Service learns to do this is when they will become as good as the better dealerships' service departments out there.

Reactions: pilotSteve
A fellow member created this list. I'm taking it with me to go over it when I pick up my car next Tuesday.
I hope it helps:

1 2x key fobs
2 Supercharging enabled
3 Autopilot enabled
4 All tires match and clear of issues
5 Charging kit with all adapters (including J1722, NEMA 5-15, NEMA 14-50)
6 All lights work
7 All windows work
8 Wipers work
9 Speakers work
10 Parcel shelf present
11 Rear window glass pitting
12 Sunroof opens/closes
13 Power lift gate function
14 Frunk function
15 Steering wheel controls
16 Both seats function
17 All seat heaters work