Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the $#@$# is going on with Model X custom orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered exactly 2 weeks ago. At the time and as is currently on configurator it says “within 2 weeks” this is just super frustrating because you order with the assumption the site is correct and here we are - some others in California not getting VINs for over a month - ridiculous!

Reactions: Brett
Here is a LR 6 Seater, new inventory in San Diego....maybe you guys without ViN can still get the deal and upgrade to 22" wheels.
Screenshot_20190918-121203_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm going to guess that the "batched production" theory is correct, most likely by paint color. I ordered my Model X Long Range on September 10, and it was delivered (in Boston) on the 16th. I was kinda shocked that they got me a custom order in under a week! (Midnight Blue exterior, all black interior, six seats, standard tires.)

Have you tried searching to see if you have a VIN in the source text of you Tesla homepage? I finally had one as of Monday. I'm in the LA area too and stopped by the Pasadena showroom but they had no info, but then I called the phone number and finally got someone yesterday. I was told my car was currently in production and I should receive a text any day now. I ordered 08/17, Black/Black/5 seater/20 inch wheels. FWIW I don't think any of this helped move *sugar* along though. I even offered to fly up and pick it up in Fremont if that meant I could get the car sooner and was told it really wouldn't make much of a difference since they have so many trucks headed down here.

Have an appointment for delivery today. Ordered 8/20, delivery 9/19. Hopeful for a smooth delivery! Excited!

I am awaiting delivery of a new Model X. Ordered on September 7. Last evening my account page changed asking for my insurance information. I am able to plug all of the information in to the page (including a .jpg of my proof of insurance) but the "submit" button is non-responsive. I even tried my work computer this morning with the same result. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how did you get around it? My VIN also appeared last evening in the source code but no word on a delivery date.