Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do about Door Sill Scratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 90D has scratched up door sills. The car is silver so I don’t want to get carbon fiber covers as that would just look terrible. Any solutions out there?

Yes, drive the car don't worry about it mine are scratched up too, it's a car.

Or buy new ones from Tesla I don't think they're terribly expensive.

Keep grinning keep driving it's fun!

Reactions: DukeofURL
The MagicEraser worked for light scratches but not deeper ones. They do look much better.

For deeper ones, next step is slighty more aggressive abrasive. (since magiceraser is a very mild abrasive, and did help some). For situations like this, this has worked for me. A mild cleaner wax onto the orange pad in this kit, starting with the drill on VERY low speed and VERY light pressure. Increasing only as needed..

https://www.amazon.com/Kshineni-Buf...ocphy=9008393&hvtargid=pla-942171287016&psc=1

Mothers Mag and aluminum polish.
works wonders, just a dab, try it over the scuff,
then once you like it do the entire plate as well.

I'm sure the original poster has figured it out by now. If they still even have that car. You do know the post you replied to has been nearly a year since the last reply.. 🤣

I know I've done it too :) welcome to the club. Nice to see new members still coming online.