TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

what we can expect ...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Xlover, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Xlover

Xlover New Member

due to standardized manufacture :
    the identical dashboard from the model s (as seen in recent spy-videos)
    model s front-seats, slightly elevated

the frunk deep enough to hold a sparewheel ?

butterfly-wipers for this huge windshield ?

and these damned falcon wings rattling in the long term with then weak door sealings and the worn out guiding bolts

your expectations ?

2. roblab

roblab Active Member

Well, with these expectations, you may be disappointed in not having a spare tire.

I haven't done any math to see how many more square inches the front windshield has that the Model S wipers wouldn't be able to reach.

And NO one knows yet how well the falcon doors will hold up other than Tesla. If you think they will rattle and leak, you may be in for a pleasant surprise. None of the doors or windows on any car I have ever owned rattled or leaked, so I guess I don't have the same perspective as you. I hope you will be happier than you seem to be. At least don't buy any of the low VIN cars until you have seen how the X will last.

We early adopters will gladly take your place in line, and Tesla will fix anything that needs fixing.

3. de704

de704 XP268

No

No

&

No

4. Xlover

Xlover New Member

dear de704
    what do you mean with 4 no´s ?

first No for the spare wheel in the frunk ?

- - - Updated - - -

2nd and 3rd no for the Dashboard and seats ?

- - - Updated - - -

you will see: to maintain a reasonable Price they are both a necessity - why developing new ones when well-tried partsb exist

- - - Updated - - -

a no for the falcon´s ?
    since the batteries, the drives, the electronics are unchanged from model s -what´s the reason for the long delay ?
    ist the falcon doors !!! their drives and their sealings

regards X-Lover

5. electracity

electracity Active Member

#5 electracity, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    I think:
    - V2 major dash upgrade. This will be part of a model S refresh too.
    - gullwing door work great
    - No spare in frunk. The model S is already a bit nose heavy with the front motor.
    But they might have improved the fore/aft weight distribution in the V2 chassis. In that case perhaps the spare is optional. There should be a bigger frunk in the X.
    - maybe more than 85kWh max battery
    - more upright seating, of course. Better for big/tall drivers
    - a few more features we don't expect

Oh, and perhaps HUD. Or enough in the V2 display to not need HUD. Maybe super 3D HUD. Maybe a holograph of Elon appears on the dash to replace map navigation. Something to keep up with the best dash tech. in addition to giant screen.

6. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

I am not sure the dash on the mules is necessarily final. Some difference to Model S may still be in the production model - or not.

Tesla won't likely sell you a spare, but just considering the possibility of putting one there yourself:

We know from Model S that while an RWD frunk can hold a spare tire of some sort horizontally, the AWD Model S can not because it not only misses the "microwave" hole, but also has a smaller frunk otherwise too.

That said, we also know from the Model X prototype launch in 2012, that its frunk was deeper vertically than that of Model S. I guess there is some tiny possibility a space-saving spare tire could be installed there vertically... Or not.