Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Wh/mi are you getting with AWD and P cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you use the pedals brakes a lot? I heard another another thread that the brakes create zero regen, and regen is entirely dependent on simply letting go of the accelerator, not pushing on the brakes like other EVs. Your energy usage seems abnormally high compared to some of the other vehicles I've seen.

20" wheels will play a larger roll in higher power consumption, as a reminder.

• Funny
Reactions: Snerruc
Actually, I forgot about that part, the 20" vs 18" part plays less of the impact than the Pilot 4S vs. Primacy MXM part. Grippier tires has a huge impact on range compared to the rotational mass.

Yeah, I can't figure out if it's just my car or everybody's P3D with 20" and Pilot 4S tires.

At highway speeds I'm consistently getting an average of 310-330Wh/mi, and in stop/go traffic about 250-280Wh/mi. I came from an eGolf and I drive fairly delicately unless I want to have fun (which is not frequent; certainly not on every drive). I also exclusively use the regen and not the brake pedal. I'll keep amassing data and observe.

What seems to be the average for the RWD coasting at 75mph average? I always thought the regen breaking is a huge part of the 'efficiency.' So if you're not stopping/slowing then going (Mostly via regen). So I'm going to guess it will be 'normal' for the higher rates at constant/high speeds vs stop and go. But again, we should see what the averages are for RWD.

What seems to be the average for the RWD coasting at 75mph average? I always thought the regen breaking is a huge part of the 'efficiency.' So if you're not stopping/slowing then going (Mostly via regen). So I'm going to guess it will be 'normal' for the higher rates at constant/high speeds vs stop and go. But again, we should see what the averages are for RWD.

Granted, I've only just got my Model 3, but out of the 165 miles I've put on it, 95% of them have been highway at speeds above 70mph.

So far, I'm averaging 275 wh/mi.

I drove my AWD (Aero, Non-P) Model 3 today for the first time. I put 75 miles on it driving on roads that ranged from 35 mph to 55 mph. Current rate I'm at is 250 wh/mi. This was with full regen braking, climate control @ 72. This weekend I'll be taking it on the highway at 65-70 mph to see how it does there.

Here is something from today... 85f outside. Cabin at 72. Performance 20" sport

Attachments

• IMG_20180823_141645.jpg
    IMG_20180823_141645.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 484
Reactions: rjcbox
Just had 190 miles from Bay Area to Carmel and back. Was doing 75 when I could and slower on 17 and in some traffic. Averaged 220. Wh/mile
Ac on the whole time

The reported arrival mileage and return mileage was spot on.

I’m convinced that 200-215 is certainly possible on highway drives with average around 60-65

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
Thx for the report....just to confirm - AWD?

Just had 190 miles from Bay Area to Carmel and back. Was doing 75 when I could and slower on 17 and in some traffic. Averaged 220. Wh/mile
Ac on the whole time

The reported arrival mileage and return mileage was spot on.

I’m convinced that 200-215 is certainly possible on highway drives with average around 60-65

Ive gone 700+ miles and I'm seeing lifetime of 250wh/mi. P3D+. Temps around 80-85, with AC at 71. Im in Pittsburgh which is pretty hilly and i do a 50-50 mix of city and highway speeds. One trip (210mi) I stuck it in chill and kept it limited to the speed limit (avg speed of 57) which got me 238wh/mi. Again this was through eastern PA, WV, and Ohio which aren't very flat. I still floor it a lot which tends to bring my efficiency down.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: mblakele and rjcbox
Took delivery of my AWD Model 3 with 19” wheels on Sept. 14. Put on a few miles of city driving and then took a 500 mile road trip the following day. For most of the drive I had cruise set around 75. Averaged 289 Wh/mi. This was from Chicago into southern Michigan, so almost no meaningful elevation change.

around ~900 miles so far. Lifetime 240 wh/mi. Aero 18". Mix of hwy and city (I would say 70 hwy/ 30 city, maybe more hwy, didnt track extensively). On highway trying to maintain 65, though I've gone faster of course. Feels like if I go up to 70 mph I see a larger drop off. Maybe I need to go back and do more tests.

Houston, TX, we've had a mix of cloudy, rain, and sunny days so far since I took delivery (high 90s).

• Funny
Reactions: TI Sailor