Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will the Thursday announcement be about?

What will Tesla announce in California, Thursday at 2 PM, as per Elon's tweets?

• Nothing

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Model Y (or other vehicle) unveiling date

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • The Model Y (or other vehicle) itself

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Model 3 SR

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • An acquisition of another company

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tesla being acquired / going private

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • A major Autopilot advance / release

Votes: 50 22.1%
  • Supercharger V3

Votes: 42 18.6%
  • Paying off the 1 March convertible bonds

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Something related to the SEC action

• A new production facility (e.g. GF4, etc)

• Other (add in the comments!)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Partnership with Apple

Oh, I sincerely hope not. That would give far too much fodder to the detractors.

Ok, a partnership with Microsoft then?

steve_jobs_bill_gates_1997_macworld1.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
The negativity and concerted trolling by vested interests is getting to me a little since I feel a little anxiety that this is going to be Elon taking another step away from Tesla, e.g by announcing a replacement.

I hope I am wrong and the shorts have more to cry about.

In the meantime, I have to admit that 'Tusk' has stumped me.

Partner with Google or Facebook then? What is an honorable company?

I would like to see them partner with a company who, like Tesla, is a true tech innovator. If full self-driving is going to become a reality I think a closer integration with a low-latency 5G cellular network would be a huge boon. So I'm thinking of a company like Qualcomm who is on the leading edge of cellular data and wi-fi networks. They also have some leading edge AI technology.

But if that's the announcement they have done a good job of keeping the wrap on. So low probability. But you asked.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I would like to see them partner with a company who, like Tesla, is a true tech innovator. If full self-driving is going to become a reality I think a closer integration with a low-latency 5G cellular network would be a huge boon. So I'm thinking of a company like Qualcomm who is on the leading edge of cellular data and wi-fi networks. They also have some leading edge AI technology.

But if that's the announcement they have done a good job of keeping the wrap on. So low probability. But you asked.
I would expect the SpaceX Starlink satellite constellation to be used instead of Qualcomm. Qualcomm may be on the leading edge of 5G but have they not had a history of being heavy handed with their tech in the past?

I would expect the SpaceX Starlink satellite constellation to be used instead of Qualcomm. Qualcomm may be on the leading edge of 5G but have they not had a history of being heavy handed with their tech in the past?

If you mean wanting to be paid a reasonable sum for their development work, yes. They don't like to be "Trumped".;)

If you mean having breached contracts, lied and cheated, no.

The announcement is at 2pm Pacific, 5pm Eastern, so after the markets close for the day. Therefore a reasonable expectation that whatever is said and announced will be market-moving.
Given the timing, I still view the primary purpose will be to announce the paying off of the bond due March 1st.

However, Elon may add additional information about the following:
- More hints about the Model Y
- Another bond offering (IMHO Tesla should borrow more money for sales and manufacturing expansion, provided they can get a good interest rate)
- Updates on Model 3, such as RHD and expansions to more markets
- Statement on Model 3 production for Jan & Feb.

Looking at all the SEC filings of the last week or two, I'd strongly suspect

Mawell purchase/merger agreement - Board meets at Lunch time and votes.

Surprised that all these investors don't seem to read SEC filings? I'm not an investor and I sometimes check them. How else to see thru the BS of Wall St. banksters/analysis ??

Anyone reading the annual report yet? no need to answer, only you investors (or truth seakers) would care.