Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will the Thursday announcement be about?

What will Tesla announce in California, Thursday at 2 PM, as per Elon's tweets?

• Nothing

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Model Y (or other vehicle) unveiling date

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • The Model Y (or other vehicle) itself

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Model 3 SR

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • An acquisition of another company

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tesla being acquired / going private

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • A major Autopilot advance / release

Votes: 50 22.1%
  • Supercharger V3

Votes: 42 18.6%
  • Paying off the 1 March convertible bonds

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Something related to the SEC action

• A new production facility (e.g. GF4, etc)

• Other (add in the comments!)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The announcement coming after the markets close on the last day of a month makes me think that it is M3 production or bond related.

The recent time in Europe makes me think that its Giga Factory related

With that being said, news of anything from Tesla has been pretty sparse as of late. I think that an announcement of the Model Y official event will be included here as well.

And for those hoping for RHD M3's, I doubt it. Europe and China have been the focus as of late, and they are sadly LHD.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
For me most likely :
V3 super charger
Sr Model 3
European Gigafactory
Tesla Energy news

Likely:
Supercharger sharing agreement
Partnership with GM, MB, or Rivian
Tesla semi update

Least likely:
Model 3 lease
Model y reveal
Pickup truck reveal
Elon stepping down

No matter what I expect the stock to surge and Elon will use this to show the SEC what it looks like if he wants to move the market and the Judge will drop the SEC complaint.

• Funny
Reactions: dww12
Looking at all the SEC filings of the last week or two, I'd strongly suspect

Mawell purchase/merger agreement - Board meets at Lunch time and votes.

Surprised that all these investors don't seem to read SEC filings? I'm not an investor and I sometimes check them. How else to see thru the BS of Wall St. banksters/analysis ??

Anyone reading the annual report yet? no need to answer, only you investors (or truth seakers) would care.

I don't see this being a financial announcement because it went out on twitter. Most people don't care at all about bonds and corporate shenanigans. It's got to be a product announcement. Or at the outside, it may be a very significant deal with another automaker.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
News on the release of HW3.

I don't see that being significant enough for an official "announcement". Historically Tesla does this sort of thing when they've got a fairly major change... not enough for a reveal event, but more than would be right for just a simple announcement letter.

If I recall, the MS refresh was done this way. As were some of the new product development announcements - MY, Semi, etc... I could certainly see the new supercharger fitting into this pattern. Or a refresh S. The reveal on the Y seems like it would be too big to do this way. That will be a staged event I believe.

There's no live feed, or anything else is there? So this is going to be an approved tweet at 5pm? WTF

Probably, coupled with some info on the website and a press release.

Since it's showing for all models, I still expect AP3 and SC v3. :)

Yeah. I would agree. These two items are appropriate for this type of announcement. If it's only one then SC3 is more likely than HW3, I think.