Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will your Model 3 look like?

Color + Wheel?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spotted a white M3 with Aero wheels on CA-I 880 N a few days ago, it matches the color really nice and the wheels while moving looks awesome. However, my choice will be most likely silver + sports wheels or aero wheels. Silver because I hate seeing a dirty car and sliver some what is less spotty for dirt and wheels undecided until seeing it up close. Or go with Aero and go aftermarket later on. I also love blue..decisions....

Hoping as we all take delivery, there will be more images of M3 with different color and wheels combo to compare with to decide.

Voted red + aero as that's what I will buy, but the aero covers will survive about 10mins after I get home, and if I don't like the wheels underneath they will get replaced.

Saw an image one day on Facebook, so the aero wheels are actually plastic covers on top of alloy wheels? Someone post a picture I forgot what it exactly looks like with the covers off.

Saw an image one day on Facebook, so the aero wheels are actually plastic covers on top of alloy wheels? Someone post a picture I forgot what it exactly looks like with the covers off.
PV7dW3_D_ujESgKPCKdulx7Xm-KYzzAOucoF32n5wNGdOPgSgZtwEPSPHDdygxdoENaI2zQ5XAzr81jCRXeXXYR5tcNDExD7yuja2zSv2Nm7vOGyNyyWq6Vl4FkVCvLJ7otZFEjcHLcJ1Ub7_EVGYv15nkcJA3MzzK_8D3FMFvWv9HvYD54sM1woZrTQVKlSPZBPV32lX3kIHcNlubKzvIUwuqPbFAJ3Oi8An2TfTg2cHQOPhge9iO2YgTsKpDfVqMSk4BPTg0S2q8JrWDNuL6TZIakzsb70Fs3VlMLWt2UGWoO4r3WWDKrWwu5KlinpqRUxM_3ujIG1a7cbp6BF6lsnFxoGY6RYQPHnu4BDDUTkNAjNq2Swg7PRGRuGsIidjaIrlu9EZN4al_VOYiDAFBQB2pGVkeZYNJYVQiFcG0E_zEhArs-94TvJpBSiihdRjLvJppC-YxpCdW7ydUDsoO6_6carw5JpygWy_ZxkMQVqgdKgjG9lYctaevtGJLT54xlVh5zViXvkHGlGOLoXXdUBNGxd0rWZafwELmfCzgaYGO3aB8gBjBI3W-hMGY9ql_RXpOyuR0CoCE6DjPgKlxcbZOl4Bd6WdlsHP9iUfhWKcqtqG5hgQ-m9HivSKmpsRI7y9qBjMIUTt6At-gjBtgSmQA_NwTz71WoQ6R4n3hM89Tg=w920-h690-no

So in the initial pictures of the RC's with aero wheels there was white or light color circle the edge. I'm assuming that was the lip of the wheel underneath. Now it seems like that lip is color matched to the aero cover. I wonder if that means that whole wheel underneath is now that same darker gray color. Personally if that's the case I think that'll look pretty awesome. Add a center cover and you're all set!

As I went to find a picture of said light circle I found this! So my theory is confirmed and it looks so good!!!

B67y6tY.jpg

So in the initial pictures of the RC's with aero wheels there was white or light color circle the edge. I'm assuming that was the lip of the wheel underneath. Now it seems like that lip is color matched to the aero cover. I wonder if that means that whole wheel underneath is now that same darker gray color. Personally if that's the case I think that'll look pretty awesome. Add a center cover and you're all set!

As I went to find a picture of said light circle I found this! So my theory is confirmed and it looks so good!!!

View attachment 241587

In another thread I brought up the same point. I think the picture you posted if proof that they changed the color so it wouldn't show around the edge of the aero covers. In the RCs these were bright silver and showed around the aero cover and looked horrible IMHO. These actually look pretty slick now and the nice thing about it is you always have the option of putting on the aero covers to improve efficiency if your planning a long haul! The center caps also look stock.

View attachment 241587

Gonna look great with the midnight silver...

Reactions: harcocjh
I changed my vote to Aero wheels primarily because of cost, but I really really hope the dark grey and caps are standard underneath the covers and its not just an aftermarket treatment. As far as I know, no one has confirmed this.
I find it very amusing that so much detective work has gone into determining whether the Aero's are covers.

But like everyone else, I want to know!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gtosnipey