Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would be the coolest car to convert to electric?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about EV conversion but I've always been partial to these.

Volvo-PV445-1949-wallpaper.jpg

it get's confusing who I associate with when I drive the tesla on Saturday, then wife and I are out on the Goldwing on a Sunday. Why don't they make a touring motorcycle with a 300 to 500 mile range already. I know it's a motorcycle idea, but it's as big as a car.

Humm, maybe someone has already done it

Chinese copycats produce electric Goldwing - Motorbike Writer

Then again, I do like that the Wing is paid in full.

YES! This has been my secret wish since the day I saw the Model S revival. Not to convert one of the few originals, but build a replica on an S or X skateboard :)
Very cool.
We had a treat last month at the Los Angeles Tesla Club tour of the Peterson Automotive Museum. In the basement, they had a 1948 Tucker, and it was Preston Tucker's personal Tucker! Number 39 I think.

• Love
Reactions: Brando and Model 3
He has a roadster in a car "collection" somewhere. No idea if he ever drove it or what # it is.

The 10 Vehicles in the Donald Trump Car Collection - RM AutoBuzz
Thanks for posting that.
In his 5th book he talks about buying a yacht at a great price (28 million for a $200 million boat).
He says he never thought about having a yacht until that deal came up.
Maybe he ended up with the Roadster in a similar deal. Got it in a estate settlement like he did with the yacht.

Last edited:
3 cars- 69 Camaro, 58 Corvette or 48 Tucker- All would have to be replica cars in my opinion, I'd hate to modify an original. Seems like the 69 Camaro is doable with the Danacorp body kits. But the cost could end up more than a new Roadster...
In spite of me having a heavily modified '49 Buick myself, I actually agree. At the same time, there are vehicles out there that are such profound salvages that a return to original is simply not practical. A Tucker, OTOH, should never be modified, as the rarity of this vehicle makes them truly treasured. There used to be plenty of 'vettes out there when I last checked a few years back.

And yes, the cost would be extravagant, hence why I am waiting for my next lotto jackpot to come through.

Reactions: Model 3