Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's everyones insurance renewals this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless stating mileage and more importantly excess its impossible to compare figures. A colleague pays £600 for his m3 about £100 more then I do currently for my Wrangler however his excess is £900 total mine £100. My MY will be through salary sacrifice, but when I was looking to purchase myself high insurance / excess was one of the things putting me off.

Reactions: jamesp26
Peugeot people: My policy is up on the 10th of December and I called Peugeot today (15th Nov) to see where the renewal is as I'd like to sort. I was told it was generated yesterday and will be with me in the next couple of days. £410 last year to £510 this. £600 from Flow with £40 Top Cash-Back in second place on new quotes.....YMMV

Reactions: Kenners
I just purchased insurance today for a Model Y LR which I am due to collect in two weeks, This will replace my current Model 3 LR but even though it's a higher value car, the cost is lower.

The Model 3 premium in April was £401, in 2021 it was £385
The Model Y premium today was £311 (I didn't go with the cheapest quote at £289)

All are fully comp, 10k miles pa, +9y NCD, protected etc

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
PSA renewal, up to £312 from £266 last year on a M3 LR. Still the cheapest, I checked. Per Drew57's insurance, it's fully comp, 10k miles pa, +9y NCD, protected etc.
I mentioned mine a couple of pages back - increased from £303 last year to £396 this time. Puts them pretty much on a par with the best offers from Go Compare and Direct Line, leaving aside Telematcs versions.

My renewal is due early December , £422 last year and up to £653 this year with Admiral. 52 yr old 19+ years no claims and 10,000 miles.
I tried a quote on line with Peugeot but once I entered VRM they wasn't interested. Tried Tesla through Direct line and £738.
I understand everything is going up but my renewal is ridiculous.
So looking for options now

Richard

I've just renewed my 2 years old TM3 LR with Churchil. I've got email quote of £580 (year ago I've paid £493). I went to Go Compare where I've got cheapest quote of £454.26 (Churchil came up as £495). I did go to chat and after I've given them the quotes they've offered me £438. I said yes. I'm 50yr old, with no claims.

Reactions: MrT3
Got my renewal from Peugeot Insurance today for my '21 M3LR...

The good news is they're doing renewals.

The bad news is it's gone up £166.88 to £730.24 from £563.36.
That's a 22.85% increase! 2yrs NCB 12K miles based in Leics.

Time to shop around and how it compares.

I'm with Churchill - renewal quote was £611, up from £377 last year (I thought maybe the roof glass replacement was biting me in the a$$).
Went online - no better quotes from the usual comparison sites, so logged into Churchill to review everything (renewal due in just over 3 weeks).....

Needed to change wife's usage - she used to need business cover, but changed job in the summer & no longer does - quote dropped to £240 :D
Quote is on Comprehensive Plus, inc protected NCD (over 10 yrs), Legal Cover, enhanced courtesy car. Edge of town in Notts, garaged overnight - 49, no claims / offences bar fault accident for wife in 2019.

Just a quick note for those who might be renewing with Peugeot (PSA);

They only operate on the basis of a paper renewal letter - no email, so keep a look out for that. Plus, when/if you renew, they post out the certs etc about a week after the renewal date and don't take the funds either until 7 days after the renewal date. Again, no email and nothing online.

Could lead to some panic that they are not insured/haven't renewed amongst those who don't appreciate that fact.

(Ahem, for a friend like...)

Reactions: nufan and guru1