Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's Tesla Cooking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been too long since I last received an update so I'm wondering what they are cooking...

Last I heard, they are working on a big rewrite of some of the Autopilot code-base -- perhaps to take advantage of HW 3.0? Would be awesome if the next big release brings stop sign and traffic sign recognition.

Anyone have any insight about what we can expect in the next update?

Maybe they are adding cellphone mirroring or Waze?

Or maybe they decided to devote all available resources to fix the USB music resuming issue due to the USB drive not being initialized properly when you open the door? :p

I wonder if they are holding off releasing autopilot features (stop at red-lights/signs?) until _enough_ of the fleet has been upgraded to HW3? It's likely that we will start to see a meaningful difference in functionality between HW 2.5 & 3 soon. But the rumored rewrite of the code could also be holding them up.

I don't even have a Tesla yet (tomorrow is the big date for a used S) and I've noticed the slow-down just reading these boards.

I'm hoping they add more features to sentry mode, like the ability to view footage on the center screen, and hopefully share it from there too.
I bet once the model Y starts getting delivered, we'll see some cool new stuff on the Y that will hopefully be passed down to the older cars soon. But if you thought the model S was forgotten in a closet before, wait till the Y comes out.

Reactions: TimT
  • Funny
Reactions: thegruf
It has been too long since I last received an update so I'm wondering what they are cooking...

Last I heard, they are working on a big rewrite of some of the Autopilot code-base -- perhaps to take advantage of HW 3.0? Would be awesome if the next big release brings stop sign and traffic sign recognition.

Anyone have any insight about what we can expect in the next update?

Maybe they are adding cellphone mirroring or Waze?

Or maybe they decided to devote all available resources to fix the USB music resuming issue due to the USB drive not being initialized properly when you open the door? :p

None of the above. All hands on deck for Model Y production ramp.

I'm hoping they add more features to sentry mode, like the ability to view footage on the center screen, and hopefully share it from there too.
I bet once the model Y starts getting delivered, we'll see some cool new stuff on the Y that will hopefully be passed down to the older cars soon. But if you thought the model S was forgotten in a closet before, wait till the Y comes out.

I bet we will see the ability to view Sentry videos soon. It's perhaps the number 2 most requested feature.

Right next to fixing the USB music player, of course

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits and Gt1948
I bet we will see the ability to view Sentry videos soon. It's perhaps the number 2 most requested feature.

Right next to fixing the USB music player, of course
It is not technically possible for Tesla to fix the USB music player with current technology.

The proof is obvious, name a single BEV made in California by a company started by a person who also started a rocket company which has a well featured USB player.

QED

Hi All,

I just got a USB file system called a Roadie.
They have 64Gb and 128Gb.
It uses a more robust file system than FAT32...
It comes with an App that will work iPhone or Android.
You are able to view the files through the App while the device is still in the car...

I like it.

Another piece of software that makes the system complete is the TeslaCam viewer.
It is from a non-related developer.
It goes on your computer.
You are able to see all 4 camera views at the same time.
You are able to vary the speed of viewing up to 10 times the actual speed.
While the Roadie is under power in your vehicle, it may be mapped as a drive
on your computer.
This allows viewing of the TeslaCam films with the Roadie still installed in your car.

These 2 products combine to form a very robust system for your TeslaCam.

I am a happy customer of these 2 products and I am not related in any way to either
of the two entities other than as a happy customer.

Try it, You will like it!!!

Shawn

Hi All,

You are able to view the files through the App while the device is still in the car...

I like it.

Another piece of software that makes the system complete is the TeslaCam viewer.
on your computer.
This allows viewing of the TeslaCam films with the Roadie still installed in your car.

I am a happy customer of these 2 products and I am not related in any way to either

Shawn
Hi All,

I like it.

on your computer.

Shawn
is this working on your MS? wouldn’t work on my 2017 MS

Hi Gt1948,

It's working fine on my X from 2018 MCU2...
What are your symptoms or messages???
Did a "normal" USB thumb drive work?

Shawn

Edit: Things I had to watch out for were power turning off to USB.
I used Sentry Mode to keep power on to Map the drive.