Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best Model S refresh front fascia option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why didn't you just buy all the rivets and bolts from Tesla since you were there?

20200424_084650.jpg

I noticed @tyler2323 mentioned the ankle catcher for pulling the bumper down or something.but honestly I think the way he was talking about installing without the gap filler and eliminating the gap by using the ankle catcher to pull the bumper down,sliding the hood forward as far as possible and a model x tbadge. So I think it depends on how your installing. I could be wrong but you may not need it if you using the gap filler. I’d ask @tyler2323 if that’s correct

I noticed @tyler2323 mentioned the ankle catcher for pulling the bumper down or something.but honestly I think the way he was talking about installing without the gap filler and eliminating the gap by using the ankle catcher to pull the bumper down,sliding the hood forward as far as possible and a model x tbadge. So I think it depends on how your installing. I could be wrong but you may not need it if you using the gap filler. I’d ask @tyler2323 if that’s correct

It’s not necessary but it’s cheap if you’re able to buy it directly from Tesla. It can help certain areas be flush like under the headlights. If you can buy it from Tesla I definitely would recommend it. It will make it installing the bumper easier since it will help align everything. If not you may need to use a washer under the bumper to headlight brackets.
You must remove the current ankle catcher regardless if you use the facelift ankle catcher. Otherwise the splash guard will be extremely hard to install correctly.

• Helpful
Reactions: jobiggs24