Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's up with Chademo Adapter availability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On July 6th I got notice that they were in stock again and I ordered one. Payment was processed but it didn't ship. After 2 weeks Tesla cancelled my order and my payment was returned.
I guess that they had more orders than they had chademo adapters..
I just got another 65 kwh free charge on Chademo today... I'm so glad that I ordered it before I got the car.. I must've been one of the last people who got one..

Looks like they are no longer on the Tesla store now... Hopefully the Tesla CCS-1 adapter is coming soon! Many non-Tesla chargers in the supercharger-less country side in my neck of the wood (Eastern Ontario, Quebec) that make Tesla road trip possible... Sucks for new owners :-(

Reactions: 101dals
Looks like they are no longer on the Tesla store now... Hopefully the Tesla CCS-1 adapter is coming soon! Many non-Tesla chargers in the supercharger-less country side in my neck of the wood (Eastern Ontario, Quebec) that make Tesla road trip possible... Sucks for new owners :-(

Yah. Not good. When we bought our model 3 in early 2020, we couldn’t have bought it without the Chademo adapter as the Chademo network coverage was and still is significantly bigger than the Supercharger network. I hope Tesla gets this sorted out soon. Maybe work with the Korean CCS adapter manufacturer to insure more reliability of their product. Big step back for Tesla.

If the CHAdeMO adapter stays unavailable for purchase, only three things can happen:

1 - Tesla makes more CHAdeMO adapters and the product comes back online for sale (not desirable)

2 - Tesla makes CCS1 adapters and makes them available for sale (most desirable)

3 - Tesla does nothing. CHAdeMO adapters start going up in price on the used marketplace. (least desirable)