Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
63,500 miles S85 March 2014 90% is 230 down from around 233-235 when new. 325 wh/mi lifetime.
I just did a google search on the S85 EPA Range. Assuming it is correct (and looks like the Tesla Page so probably).
Official EPA Figures Reveal Tesla Model S 85D Is New Range King

MS85 = 265
MS85D = 270

So 265 x .9 = 238.5

Interesting that the 85 vs 85D is 5 mile range difference and the 75 vs 75D is 10 mile range difference. I wonder how that is determined and it is just wrong?

Did you charge to 100, drive to 0, then charge to 100 again before taking that measurement? That's the only way the algorithm can accurately predict your ranges. If you've been driving and chargingin the "middle zones" for some time, your numbers will be off.
Did my first charge to 100% from 1% on a MS75D (2k miles). It only charged to 99%. Also, over the night I got the 2017.50.2 update from .44 which I installed after getting Charging Complete. My Rated miles were 248 (259 EPA). Any idea why only 99%? I will let it go to 1-2% again and then try for another charge to 100%. I double check TeslaFI for max charge setting and it had 100% and also my Remote S App has 100%. The slider is hard to verify. I wish Tesla would give more visibility on this.

Did my first charge to 100% from 1% on a MS75D (2k miles). It only charged to 99%. Also, over the night I got the 2017.50.2 update from .44 which I installed after getting Charging Complete. My Rated miles were 248 (259 EPA). Any idea why only 99%? I will let it go to 1-2% again and then try for another charge to 100%. I double check TeslaFI for max charge setting and it had 100% and also my Remote S App has 100%. The slider is hard to verify. I wish Tesla would give more visibility on this.
If it happens after full charging twice you might have an issue. My only question is what is the ambient temp while charging? If it's super cold it sometimes won't go to 100% regardless of pack calibration/heating. I see you're in CA so that's probably not an issue though.

ok people, here's a fun one.
purchased a cpo p85 with 59k miles on it. it came off a lease in california.

it was at about 80% at the time so i charged it up to 100% (it read 251 mile range, a loss of just over 5%), seemed "a little high but normal". so and i ran it down to 12%. then i charged it to 90% and i swear it read 261 mile range at 90%. ok, that's a nice cycle but really? then i ran it down to 18% and charged it back up to 90%.

p5yTVML.png

is this really my 90? because that would be incredible.

it was at about 80% at the time so i charged it up to 100% (it read 251 mile range, a loss of just over 5%), seemed "a little high but normal". so and i ran it down to 12%. then i charged it to 90% and i swear it read 261 mile range at 90%. ok, that's a nice cycle but really? then i ran it down to 18% and charged it back up to 90%.

Is range mode on? That would get you a few extra miles but... Dunno. What rev is your pack? Maybe they replaced it as part of the CPO refurb process.

p5yTVML.png

That seems kind of high for a P85. My S90D is 266-269 at 90%. Try taking a picture of the pack label, it's inside the right front wheel well. I had to turn my steering wheel all the way to the left to get a good look at it. That will tell you what battery capacity and version is installed.

Reactions: Olds442
Also in settings there's "rated" vs "ideal." I could imagine a new owner changing that while exploring the interface.
On a trip I met a 70 owner who had "ideal" set and was disappointed in how fast miles dropped off his display!
When I got my car New from Fremont (9/28/17) they had the setting on "ideal". My road trip for a couple days before getting home to LA was very confusing until someone on here said I should check that setting. What a shocker.

range mode wasn't on but it was set to "ideal". i'm trying to get an idea of battery degradation since it's an early 2013.( i realize my driving style will have a severe effect on range.) i will get a look at that label under the passenger floorpan and report back, thanks!

love this thing so far, so much fun to drive.

Reactions: Fiver
90% last nite charged a s100D Jul2017build with 2100mi on the odo ....... 289mi.

100% 2wks ago 1600mi on the odo, charged at a Destination HPWC (probably illegally parked) running at 72A/240V. 54mi/hr ....339mi.

100% 6wks ago 340mi on the odo , charged with new Corded Mobile Charger 40A/240V....335mi.