Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
those early 85 packs, ('B' Series and later) were just overbuilt monsters

Our 2013 Model S 85 charges to 97%+ original capacity after almost 5 years and 100,000 km. This is the "A" pack, the original, and it's working great. Only downside is 90kW maximum charge speed, but it's a difference of a couple minutes on a typical charge on a roadtrip, so no biggie. Wouldn't trade our battery pack for any other at the moment, it's proven.

Reactions: Olds442 and tdjvfr
Our 2013 Model S 85 charges to 97%+ original capacity after almost 5 years and 100,000 km. This is the "A" pack, the original, and it's working great. Only downside is 90kW maximum charge speed, but it's a difference of a couple minutes on a typical charge on a roadtrip, so no biggie. Wouldn't trade our battery pack for any other at the moment, it's proven.
Yea, I only mentioned B or later because of the 90kW issue. Beyond that they also seem to be pretty bulletproof.

212 miles of range for 90% charge ... 1.6% loss since new in 2015 :cool:
IMG_7566.PNG

Reactions: Olds442
Fiver, I misread your reply and thought that there was an issued with the 90 kW battery pack. You were talking about a 90 KW charge rate. Thanks for your response.
The units can clue you in - if they are used correctly (as they were in this case). Kilowatt (kW) is a rate of energy flow (charging or discharging), kilowatt-hour (kWh) is a unit of capacity, rather a quantity of energy. The little "h" may seem subtle, but it's important for clarity.

My 85 from 2013 has been 219~222 miles at 90% for probably 2 years now. I don't even remember for sure, but I think I have a "D" pack.

My 70 RWD (600 miles) last time at the supercharger was pegged at 220 for 90%. Does that seem accurate? I did have the cabin heat on at the time. Not sure if that impacted the range at all. Reason I ask is because a few pages back someone posted pics of the 75 on TeslaFi with an average of 217 or so. A few posts above this have the 75D at over 220.

Thanks.

My 70 RWD (600 miles) last time at the supercharger was pegged at 220 for 90%. Does that seem accurate? I did have the cabin heat on at the time. Not sure if that impacted the range at all. Reason I ask is because a few pages back someone posted pics of the 75 on TeslaFi with an average of 217 or so. A few posts above this have the 75D at over 220.

Thanks.
My 70 RWD at 18k miles is 218 at 90%, so we pretty much match. It seems like an accurate number, as far as I can tell.

Reactions: isjka