Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your idea for a Tesla commercial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree they don't need one, but I want to see this:

Short clips of tail pipe emissions, especially dirty truck emissions, super tankers, burning oil rigs in the gulf, traffic jams in the smog, melting ice sheets with stranded polar bears, etc...the clips get shorter and go faster and faster building tension. The noise, oh the noise! BUT towards the end start to intersperse good images such as building wind farms, solar plants, hydroelectric, the roadster, the Tesla factory...all of these images are silent...and now these images and the silence become more and more frequent and longer clips, slowing the action with a fade to white as the Model S rolls up. The camera goes through front windshield past Mom and Dad to 3 kids in back just visible. Quick view of the dash as Dad punches it, switch to Dad/Mom and kids...kids heads get pressed back like a roller coaster all with HUGE Tesla grins and giggles. You see the rear of the vehicle from behind, Licence plate says NO GAS as it drives into the Future: all of the scenery it is driving into is the clips of the ICE world...and it MELTS as the Tesla silently launches into it...last shot: 2 more kids in the rear seats with the Grin. No ending tagline, just TESLA.

Building on civil's idea.

Busy car-filled streets of a big city. Unhappy noise from cars, people, horns, smoke, steam and soot.

Announcer: Calmly over the din. "Introducing" the 2013 Tesla Model S."

The Tesla drives into frame. Every person in sight looks.

"Once you know about it, you want one."

The euro car next to the Tesla changes into a Model S The person driving is now smiling.

The car across the street changes into the Tesla. The driver cooly waves out the window at the original Tesla.

Now, one by one, all the cars begin silently popping into Teslas. Including SUVs, Tesla painted as cabs, small delivery vehicles and limos. There is even an occasional Roadster in the bunch. With every new Tesla the noise gets one step quieter as the engines disappear. The smoke clears, there is no steam from the now gone exhaust pipes and drivers are all sporting the Tesla grin. Pedestrians, pets and cyclists are also happier and brighter.
End on a wide shot from above of an intersection completely populated by Teslas in every direction. Bird song is heard as the sound is park-like with people talking in normal voices and we hear the far off laughter of a child.

Announcer at the end:

"Tesla. We can do this."

I agree they don't need one, but I want to see this:

Short clips of tail pipe emissions, especially dirty truck emissions, super tankers, burning oil rigs in the gulf, traffic jams in the smog, melting ice sheets with stranded polar bears, etc...the clips get shorter and go faster and faster building tension. The noise, oh the noise! BUT towards the end start to intersperse good images such as building wind farms, solar plants, hydroelectric, the roadster, the Tesla factory...all of these images are silent...and now these images and the silence become more and more frequent and longer clips, slowing the action with a fade to white as the Model S rolls up. The camera goes through front windshield past Mom and Dad to 3 kids in back just visible. Quick view of the dash as Dad punches it, switch to Dad/Mom and kids...kids heads get pressed back like a roller coaster all with HUGE Tesla grins and giggles. You see the rear of the vehicle from behind, Licence plate says NO GAS as it drives into the Future: all of the scenery it is driving into is the clips of the ICE world...and it MELTS as the Tesla silently launches into it...last shot: 2 more kids in the rear seats with the Grin. No ending tagline, just TESLA.

Erleichda,
I don't know what you do for a living, but if you aren't in Marketing, you missed your calling Dude :wink: Thats an amazing visual there...

RT

P.S. Kind of reminded me of the Leaf commercial where everyone was using gas powered home appliances.

I think interviews spliced with "ok, done" would be pretty compelling too.

• Buyer 1: "I'd like to get an EV, but they're slow. Someone needs to make an EV with some spunk."
  • Announcer: "Done" with some industry headlines about the Model S Perf criss-crossing the screen.
  • Buyer 2: "But it needs to have range. I live 50 miles from work."
  • Announcer: "Done" with a representation of the range options (bar graph?) for the Model S.
  • Buyer 3: "And no alien econojunk. I just want a simple sedan, with perhaps some styling that my wife will accept."
  • Announcer: "Done" with a shot of the Model S amid the Jaguar XF and similar shaped vehicles.
  • Buyer 4: "A real car. Today."
  • Announcer says nothing as a Model S rolls by with the slight hint of road noise and ruffling of leaves, perhaps with a trailing shot of the Tesla Factory with the vehicles awaiting delivery.

The today part is a little tricky given the reservation backlog, of course.

in sequence:
- Family finishes shopping at mall during summer, wife uses tesla iphone app to turn remotely A/C on to cool down the car.
- They walk out of mall, doesn't which side she parked the car, uses Tesla iphone app to honk horn and show google map of where car is located.
- Her family walks up to car, husband puts shopping bags into frunk, wife unplugs from public charger, door handles auto-extend, kids get in, trunk opens she puts cable in the back and 2 kids jump into the rear facing seats, All doors close, handles retract. Starts car with no key. drives off, no sound at all. crickets or something birds chirping but no other sound.
- Husband browses the internet for something while the wife is driving.
- driving by a gas station, shaking head at all the people filling up.
- driving by someone getting an oil change, shaking head again.
- driving by someone who's car broke down, hood up, engine smoking, shaking head.
- pulling up to a stop light in middle lane, regenerative braking slowing the car down only to touch the brake to come to a complete stop.
- a dodge viper on one side pulls up revving engine, a mustang or camaro on the other, she smirks at her huabnd, light turns green and quietly leaves them in the dust, shaking head again (not that a mom would street race with a whole family in the car, but that kinda makes it funnier, maybe they cheer her on).
- Pulls onto highway, suspension lowers, see car lower to the ground for better aerodynamics.
- Panaromic roof opens up for the cruise.
- Pulls into a tesla supercharging station, plugs in. Family hops out and grabs a bite to eat at rest stop before driving off again.
- Google maps/garmin kicks on for driving directions home.
- pull into garage at home, plug into HPWC. show the 17" touch screen with the automatic updates / software upgrade installing.
- get your mail, an emissions test letter is in the mail which you chuckle, shake your head, and rip it up.
- then captain picard (patrick steward) starts talking about taking everything you know about a car, including driving one, and throwing it away - Tesla revolutionizing the auto industry. show image of just the flat battery pack and wheels, aluminum frame being dropped on, and the final product with the 17" touchscreen quickly talking about all the innovations tesla has created with the model s. save the planet.

btw, someone already did a commercial. i posted the link to it in this thread: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...f-Light-Tesla-Model-S-Supercharger-Commercial

then captain picard (patrick steward) starts talking about taking everything you know about a car, including driving one, and throwing it away

No matter the content of the commercial, having Patrick Stewart narrate would be an excellent choice. And of course, the commercial should conclude with the Tesla Motors logo and Patrick Stewart saying, "Tesla Motors. Engage." Perhaps a bit too Trekkie? Nah.

The scene begins with a noisy, busy day on the streets of Manhattan, cars and taxis honking, people rushing on the saidewalk, sewer steams, and smoke exuast etc. Than, complete silence, we se a Model S goinng down the streat, everybody stops, total silence, heads are turning as the Tesla is going by. Screen turns to black, "No half measures, 100% electric car". We sea Tesla again, turn to the interior, the driver is using the touchscreen, again we see people in the street, still looking in silence as the Model S drives away. Fade to black screen. "The future here" "Model S" "by Tesla" with a big logo.

Awesome. Wouldn't hurt to have the Tesla take off at high speed too. :)

Here is an idea for a Tesla commercial:

You show a bunch of people with cellphones. And they go to a gas station, and plug in the cellphone at the gas pump (so it still looks like a gas pump, but you plug a phone in it - with big handle and everything). Then swipe their credit card and wait for the phone to charge (which takes 4 minutes).

So one guy is staring at the as it runs down.
One guy is looking at their watch.
One guy is watching Pump TV with a painful look on his face.
One guy is shivering in the rain and snow.
One guy is running late for a meeting, but he has no choice - he has to stop by the gas station to get his phone charged for the day.

You pan over to the guy with a Tesla, who just plugs the phone in at home. (With the click sound that the Tesla lock makes).

And then you run a tagline of:

"Life just got a little bit simpler - Tesla"

Here is an idea for a Tesla commercial:

You show a bunch of people with cellphones. And they go to a gas station, and plug in the cellphone at the gas pump (so it still looks like a gas pump, but you plug a phone in it - with big handle and everything). Then swipe their credit card and wait for the phone to charge (which takes 4 minutes).

So one guy is staring at the as it runs down.
One guy is looking at their watch.
One guy is watching Pump TV with a painful look on his face.
One guy is shivering in the rain and snow.
One guy is running late for a meeting, but he has no choice - he has to stop by the gas station to get his phone charged for the day.

You pan over to the guy with a Tesla, who just plugs the phone in at home. (With the click sound that the Tesla lock makes).

And then you run a tagline of:

"Life just got a little bit simpler - Tesla"

Like it. Could also do it where they are simply filling up there car in blizzard like conditions and standing outside freezing. The Model S drives into the garage, closes the door and hops out and plugs in all in comfort.

Last edited:
Like it. Could also do it where there are simply filling up there car in blizzard like conditions and standing outside freezing. The Model S drives into the garage, closes the door and hops out and plugs in all in comfort.

If you are going that direction, how about a commercial that shows the dirty side of ICE. A shot of someone spilling gas on the side of their ICE, someone stepping in an oil puddle walking across a parking lot, a school bus pulling out and shooting a cloud of exhaust smoke on kids (this happened to my kid today).

A young girl can ask her Mom "why do cars have to be so.........dirty? Mom smiles and shrugs as they both climb into a Model S.

If the advertising wants to stay viral they have to do something special, wich creates an interest in the spot without forsing it to people between movies and such. I really love adds like the old spock new spock for audi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkByAkAdZs So I'd really approve the patrick steward add. But Treck is Audi now...

So how about the fast and the furious. Vin Diesel explaning how in movies he has to be that action guy, driving those fast cars and stuff. In between there are always cuts from the Fast and Furious movies and stunts... then he says: but in private I like it a bit quieter. He sits in his Model S speeding away silently and racing paul walker with it quietly :p

If the advertising wants to stay viral they have to do something special, wich creates an interest in the spot without forsing it to people between movies and such. I really love adds like the old spock new spock for audi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkByAkAdZs So I'd really approve the patrick steward add. But Treck is Audi now...

So how about the fast and the furious. Vin Diesel explaning how in movies he has to be that action guy, driving those fast cars and stuff. In between there are always cuts from the Fast and Furious movies and stunts... then he says: but in private I like it a bit quieter. He sits in his Model S speeding away silently and racing paul walker with it quietly :p
"I live my life a quarter of a kWh at a time":smile: