Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your mileage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'be been having trouble keeping to the standard mileage the Tesla has been selling us. I don't think I have a lead foot and I've been getting only 70-80% of the estimated mileage. So at 90% charge, Tesla estimated mileage on my dash says 226 miles. I've only been getting 160-180 out of that (essentially 70-80 miles out of the 100 estimated miles) Am I the only one?

I have a 90D and downgraded from 22" wheels to 20" wheels. It helped a little but not much.

I'be been having trouble keeping to the standard mileage the Tesla has been selling us. I don't think I have a lead foot and I've been getting only 70-80% of the estimated mileage. So at 90% charge, Tesla estimated mileage on my dash says 226 miles. I've only been getting 160-180 out of that (essentially 70-80 miles out of the 100 estimated miles) Am I the only one?

I have a 90D and downgraded from 22" wheels to 20" wheels. It helped a little but not much.
We have been getting the spec mileage and I like to think the 20 inch wheels as a choice not a down grade. I love the look and the ride they provide.

90D with 22" here. Almost at 10,000 miles, my lifetime avg Wh/Mi is 386. 90% charge gets me 228 rated miles.
Thanks for that! I've been tracking both on a spreadsheet and you're the first X with 22's to report less than 400 Wh/m.

For the OP, here is the thread where owners are reporting avg. Wh/m, which directly relates to "mileage". To get the rated miles it seems you'd need to get about 340 Wh/m. Not easy. I'm at 412 (with 22's, lots of miles with bikes on a hitch mount rack, and a bit of lead foot), and so far the worst reported. :eek::p;)

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

Cheers!

I believe rated consumption is actually more like 330 Wh/mile. At least when I managed to have my last 5/15/30 miles or whatever at 330 Wh/mile, the average line and the rated line on the energy graph were directly on top of each other. Not sure if that is very scientific.

I can easily get rated mileage when I'm driving ~70 mph on my morning commute with little to no stop n go. I have another drive that is only 8 miles but hilly, lots of traffic, and heavy A/C usage and I usually average at least 400 Wh/mile in my 90D with 20" wheels.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian