Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your next EV after Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the waiting list for an Ioniq 5 but after one year I still had not received a production date. Even though the Model Y was much more expensive due to zero credits, it was available, so I went for it.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see how the market continues to evolve! Tesla is dominating, but they still have catching up to do for fit & finish, and QA.

Reactions: WyoDude
I was on the waiting list for an Ioniq 5 but after one year I still had not received a production date. Even though the Model Y was much more expensive due to zero credits, it was available, so I went for it.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see how the market continues to evolve! Tesla is dominating, but they still have catching up to do for fit & finish, and QA.
but only once all the other makers combined make more vehicles available for actual purchase. Like you, I had multiple orders in. Tesla delivered in 6 weeks (11 months ago). The other is still "2024."

This suggests Tesla will first feel real market pressure in 2025.

I'm currently renting a Polestar 2. The more I drive it the more I like it, the interior is much nicer than my model 3. Tried to charge at an EA station yesterday, no dice. Not the cars fault but like everyone else until the CCS DC charging is reliable I'm sticking to Tesla. I could see the Polestar replacing our model Y my wife drives though as we would still have the 3 for road trips.

Reactions: randmness
I actually really like the compact SUV format and build quality of the Volvo XC40 recharge, especially with the higher range of the latest model being almost equivalent to my current Model Y (well, based on WLTP range rating). I also like its use of Google Maps for Sat nav and inclusion of Apple Car Play. I think Iā€™ll hold on to my Model Y until the next version however. No real urge to change it as Iā€™m only in it for less than a year and I donā€™t want to take that depreciation hit currently given the rollercoaster of Tesla pricing, mainly downwards.

I actually really like the compact SUV format and build quality of the Volvo XC40 recharge, especially with the higher range of the latest model being almost equivalent to my current Model Y (well, based on WLTP range rating). I also like its use of Google Maps for Sat nav and inclusion of Apple Car Play. I think Iā€™ll hold on to my Model Y until the next version however. No real urge to change it as Iā€™m only in it for less than a year and I donā€™t want to take that depreciation hit currently given the rollercoaster of Tesla pricing, mainly downwards.
The 360 cam is real nice also. Wish they had a XC60 all electric model

I have a Fisker Ocean on order that should be here towards the end of this year. I wasn't planning on a Tesla at all but the discount and qualifying for some of the tax credit sold me. Plus, I ordered and received my MYLR in 3 weeks! Now the first world decision is to keep the Tesla or continue with my Fisker order.

I switched to a MINI EV After ~12 years of driving Teslas.
For me, I prefer a smaller car. When I heard Tesla wasnā€™t working on their less expensive version, early in 2022, I switched to the MINI.

I am very happy with the MINI. I donā€™t need more range, always charge at home and we take my wifeā€™s MY for any trips.

That said, there are a lot of things I miss about the Tesla. As soon as the smaller version is available I am confident Iā€™ll be back.

Reactions: maximizese