Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your rated range again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you need 100% everyday? It damages the battery by going to full often. Charge what you need between 20-80% and don't worry about it.

No, I don't do 100% everyday. I am at 90% for everyday drive in winter. My commute both ways is about 180 km + sentry mode and sometimes some extra drive, so it could be tight sometimes.

In summer I am good at 80% for everyday drive.

2019 sr+ exactly two years old yesterday. 339km at 100%. Day of delivery was 374. It’s been dropping consistently since. Tesla tells me move along, nothing to see here. Tried all their rebalancing suggestions etc. kWhs added during charging would suggest 46 kwh available.
Just checked. 335km just now at 100%. My LR at two years never did this.

2019 sr+ exactly two years old yesterday. 339km at 100%. Day of delivery was 374. It’s been dropping consistently since. Tesla tells me move along, nothing to see here. Tried all their rebalancing suggestions etc. kWhs added during charging would suggest 46 kwh available.
Just checked. 335km just now at 100%. My LR at two years never did this.
Mine is the same. June 2019 about 330 range at 100% compared to 380 new.

And they will not admit to any degradation. Tesla will tell you it’s fine and send you on a wild goose chase to reclaim lost range. If I charge to 90% and drive straight till 80% that’s using 10%. If it says I used 4kwh for that it means to me 100% is equal to 40kwh.
If that's true, you'll get a new battery once it drops to <70%. My buddy's 90D did the same thing but he did say that it eventually did stop sliding at that rate.

2020 LR M3 AWD down from 517 to 470- which is around a 9% loss. 12k total km.

Kind of annoying to see but it hasn't actually affected my life in any way. I haven't bothered draining down really low to see if it calibrates back on the way up.

Well, kind of in the same boat. I lost 13% in 2 years and a half.
I put 18000 km on the car.

What I found annoying is when I bought the car, the service center told me to expect 5% drop the 1st year and it would stabilise after that with 1 or 2 % loss a year which is BS.
For now the car is losing 5% a year and not showing any sign of reaching a plateau.
I would hate to see the battery hovering right above 70% for the rest of it's life.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Well, kind of in the same boat. I lost 13% in 2 years and a half.
I put 18000 km on the car.

What I found annoying is when I bought the car, the service center told me to expect 5% drop the 1st year and it would stabilise after that with 1 or 2 % loss a year which is BS.
For now the car is losing 5% a year and not showing any sign of reaching a plateau.
I would hate to see the battery hovering right above 70% for the rest of it's life.
That stinks.