Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your top feature request that could be accomplished via software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been driving the model 3 for a few weeks and overall loving it so far. What are your top feature requests that you would like to see in your model 3 that could be accomplished via software update?

Here are my ideas that I would love to see in order of preference:
- Automatic audio volume adjustment based on vehicle speed
- Easier access to changing audio source (even with the update, have to reach all the way to the right of the screen)
- Blindspot detection & alerts similar to other cars
- Be able to lock the car door when I'm inside it (I grew up in a city and a time where car jacking was a thing).
- Be able to use onboard cameras as a dashcam through the mobile app or vehicle app
- Be able to turn off annoying backseat seat belt warnings (I have kids and sometimes they use the middle seat buckle when sitting on the right side).

Curious to hear what others would like.

Battery warming without having to have the car in drive or headed to a supercharger. There are times I may be parked out of town somewhat near a supercharger that I don't want to charge on the way in. However, if I let the battery cold soak overnight the car can't get the battery warm enough fast enough (especially the RWD) to get fast charge speeds. If i could start warming the battery about 15 or 20 minutes before I'm ready to leave, via the app, this would be much better.

Battery warming without having to have the car in drive or headed to a supercharger. There are times I may be parked out of town somewhat near a supercharger that I don't want to charge on the way in. However, if I let the battery cold soak overnight the car can't get the battery warm enough fast enough (especially the RWD) to get fast charge speeds. If i could start warming the battery about 15 or 20 minutes before I'm ready to leave, via the app, this would be much better.

As well as to just have full regen right away on driving.

Full 'sticky' and profile saving control of default light settings.

Vide - ability to set and have Lights remain OFF until toggled to ON or AUTO etc. Ability to disable, enable follow-me-home and on-approach DRLs etc. Independent fogs etc

Been driving the model 3 for a few weeks and overall loving it so far. What are your top feature requests that you would like to see in your model 3 that could be accomplished via software update?

Here are my ideas that I would love to see in order of preference:
- Automatic audio volume adjustment based on vehicle speed
- Easier access to changing audio source (even with the update, have to reach all the way to the right of the screen)
- Blindspot detection & alerts similar to other cars
- Be able to lock the car door when I'm inside it (I grew up in a city and a time where car jacking was a thing).
- Be able to use onboard cameras as a dashcam through the mobile app or vehicle app
- Be able to turn off annoying backseat seat belt warnings (I have kids and sometimes they use the middle seat buckle when sitting on the right side).

Curious to hear what others would like.

Attention Tesla Public Relations!

Additional car ordering options:
1. LTE monthly service option for updates
2. Ability to pre order Homelink module to be installed during assembly, not post delivery
3. Please, please bring back LR/RWD ordering option!
4. Option to order adaptor plugs to be included with the car at delivery
5. Sirius/XM option
6. Ability to use passenger slide cameras to assist with parallel parking and avoid curb rash!
7. Program option for single setting (Maximal Range Extension) - to maximize remaining battery charge - to be used when needed for additional mileage
8. Active noise cancellation option
9. Improved saving/recording options for Sentry Mode - specifically USB related problems