Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Alignment price at your local TESLA Service Center? (not third party shop)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good rule of thumb is to not let a Tesla SC touch your car unless absolutely necessary. I had an alignment done (after a drive unit replacement) and there's no chance they did a verification drive despite saying that on the invoice. The wheel was like 15 deg off center and the car was pulling to the right like crazy. I took it back and they "corrected it," i.e. the wheel ended up 15 degrees off center in the other direction and was still pulling. Avoid.

Upvote 0
Local service center wanted something around $340. I said hell no and took it to a local shop where I paid $129.
More local shops now seem familiar with Tesla wheel alignment

I had to replace the tires that came with Model 3 at 18k miles (I highly suspect what came from Tesla at delivery had alignment issues, but Covid times and other issues, I couldn’t figure local shops that I felt confident with)

Post alignment (128$ at Town Fair Tire) and new tires, around 20k already and have apparently lot of tread left for another 20k.

Upvote 0
SC wanted $280. Another 3rd party wanted $285. Best I found after shopping around was $200.

Problem is some 3rd party shops are wary of Teslas. Some told me outright they don’t do Teslas.

Had one dingbat who had a very highly rated shop tell me he doesn’t do Tesla alignments cause Tesla won’t let them have the service manuals and he didn’t want to be responsible for messing something up. I asked him what could he mess up on an alignment and he claimed since the car is all computer controlled if it doesn’t have the latest update he could mess it up. I tried telling him the suspension has nothing to do with the software and he wasn’t hearing it.

Upvote 0