Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe too early to judge, but has anyone done a wheel alignment check on their Model 3? How did it fair? Not sure how much effort is made prior to delivery to ensure alignment is correct.

I'm thinking of getting an alignment check done for £20, but any fixes can be quite expensive. I would have thought that any alignment issues should be sorted by Tesla, but I am sure that, short of the car crabbing, its always going to be 'within spec'.

I had an alignment issue on a previous new car, but was not obvious until first service when tyre wear could be seen. Got highly subsidised set of tyres. Not sure if Tesla will be so accommodating.

Maybe too early to judge, but has anyone done a wheel alignment check on their Model 3? How did it fair? Not sure how much effort is made prior to delivery to ensure alignment is correct.

I'm thinking of getting an alignment check done for £20, but any fixes can be quite expensive. I would have thought that any alignment issues should be sorted by Tesla, but I am sure that, short of the car crabbing, its always going to be 'within spec'.

I had an alignment issue on a previous new car, but was not obvious until first service when tyre wear could be seen. Got highly subsidised set of tyres. Not sure if Tesla will be so accommodating.
Do you notice any issues when driving (steering pulling to one side, juddering, etc.)? If not then I think you may be being overly cautious.

One thing I have noticed on these forums is that people tend to try and self-diagnose things and end up worrying about things that aren’t actually an issue. A bit like when you type your cold symptoms into google and end up reading you might have the Plague :D

Having said that, in your case you might have a niggle in the back of your mind from your previous car so for your own peace of mind it may be worth having them checked :)

My ‘checks’ (observations really - as I won’t be looking for them but if I notice them then I’ll take it from there) will be the ones I mentioned above. If I don’t notice anything then I’ll have things sorted when I get the tyres rotated at my local garage.

Simples :)

After having been bitten by wheel alignment issues on a couple of new cars, I have a habit now of having the alignment checked in the first week or so. It has proved to be a wise decision on about 50% of the time, with a 2006 Renault achieving a remarkable all 4 wheels in the red. (it was a previous Renault that sparked this habit)

I have not done it for the Model 3.

I suppose I'm a little nervous of possible jacking issues, the doubts I have whether the correct figures will be in the computer database, and the fact I haven't noted any obvious clues to a problem existing - although I'm not sure this latter excuse is at all valid.

In summary, I'm not yet ready to trust the motor trade with my Model 3.

Reactions: TM3PTN
After having been bitten by wheel alignment issues on a couple of new cars, I have a habit now of having the alignment checked in the first week or so. It has proved to be a wise decision on about 50% of the time, with a 2006 Renault achieving a remarkable all 4 wheels in the red. (it was a previous Renault that sparked this habit)

I have not done it for the Model 3.

I suppose I'm a little nervous of possible jacking issues, the doubts I have whether the correct figures will be in the computer database, and the fact I haven't noted any obvious clues to a problem existing - although I'm not sure this latter excuse is at all valid.

In summary, I'm not yet ready to trust the motor trade with my Model 3.
Seems sensible. If you have had issues in the past then it makes sense for your own peace of mind.
I have been lucky with all of my previous cars in that it has only ever been a problem with two cars - and One of then was purchased second hand so it wasn’t really a surprise to me. The other one was a brand new car and was sorted at its next service at no extra cost.
All my other cars have never had an issue.

Like you say though - the M3 is still very new in the UK so information around it’s mechanics isn’t readily available as yet.

My steering wasn't centred, seemed heavy, but wasn't pulling or anything. Got it looked at by the service centre, came back much better. Much livelier around the mid point, wheel centred and presumably not scrubbing my tyres so much.

May have been impacting range? Hard to tell with my right foot :-\

• Informative
Reactions: TM3PTN