Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel bolt hole pattern on X - Same as Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have winter and summer tires for my Model S. I carry a spare from the non-seasonal set in the frunk as a spare tire.

I was thinking about ordering Model X, but with 1 set of All Season tires. Could I use another wheel from the Model S "out of season set" as a spare for Model X?

Yes, it is confirmed that the Model S and X wheel offset and bolt pattern is the same.
Only the specific tires sizes are different - see the referenced thread for more details:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/57910-Model-X-20-rims-vs-22-rims

Model X wheel sizes - Originally Posted by Tsportline:

• 22x 9.0+35
  • 22x10.0+35

• 20x9.0+35
  • 20x9.5+40

The 20" wheels have front tires in size 265/45-20 and rear tires in size 275/45-20.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm late to the game here, but I'm a bit surprised that they'd use different sizes front vs. rear, so that you can't rotate tires. Maybe I was just burned too many times by the early Model S suspension issues.

Anybody know if my set of snow tires/wheels that I use on my Model S (stock 19" Tesla wheels) will work on the Model X? Love to save a few $$ by not having to buy a second set of wheels/tires for the X. Thanks!
The bolt pattern will be the same between the two models. Smaller wheels will make the X ride lower. If you have the air suspension on your future X you could compensate for that.
Also keep in mind that the overall diameter of the X wheels/tires will be larger than that of the S so your speedometer and odometer will be affected. Unless they can update the settings in the car computer at the service center.

Also keep in mind that the overall diameter of the X wheels/tires will be larger than that of the S so your speedometer and odometer will be affected. Unless they can update the settings in the car computer at the service center.

I think the speedometer may be calibrated via GPS. I have put on different circumference tires and the speedometer is deadly accurate when checked with other GPS devices. I have always been a little amazed at how accurate it is across all speed ranges.