Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does it get old?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And frankly, I don't understand the thrill of AP for a car that is so fun to drive. (either of our Teslas)...

You will, when you are like me tonight, coming from NYC back home to Long Island at 3-5 mph for over 2 hours. I could fully engaged with my friends chatting, joking, and singing. Without worrying about driving at all. :)

When it starts to get old, go take a road trip outside of California. You see a dozen Teslas every hour in the Fremont area. Every time I drive mine to Phoenix (or further) I get questions about it all day from curious people. I think we take them for granted in the Bay Area nowadays, probably in LA too. But once you get outside California they're still pretty rare to see, and people want to know all sorts of things about them. It's fun to strike up a conversation and see someone suddenly become interested in electric vehicles when they see that you're able to do a cross-country trip with one, for example.

Even when you think it isn't fun and your not accelerating fast... just look in the mirror as you leave the light.
After the first few days I didn't feel the need to accelerate at green lights. However, it was weird to look back and see that cars were so far behind me although I wasn't even trying. Were the drivers even playing attention when the light turned green? I can see people being conservative when gas cost $5 a gallon but why were they so slow to get going when gas is so cheap that people are preferring to buy SUVs?

11+ months and 20K km and it still doesn't get old.

And this is in my 75 RWD, corked slow-poke 5+ sec Model S, so I would think that it would never get old in general with a Tesla.

/TeslaSmugness On
One thing that has changed is that it use to be funny how ICE cars was so slow to get moving, but now it's more of a annoyance when they don't get out of the way quick enough.
There should be rules for that, we don't allow for horse carriages on the freeways either!
/TeslaSmugness Off

It doesn't get old. The best part is people staring at the car every single day like a ufo just landed. You have guys in cars pointing, pedestrians pointing, school kids pointing, people staring, people behind driving closer, etc. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. So i just drive slower :)

While I only have had the car through almost 4K miles now, I still always try to find an excuse to go out and drive. “Do I need anything from the grocery store?” Etc. I’ve never done that before prior to getting my Model S. I sometimes will take a longer route just so I can keep driving the car.

Things I’ve never ever wanted to do or have not done owning a ICE car. It’s really strange and not surprising. The car is amazing in every way.