Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Free isn't really free

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered our X in August with a 6 month deferral. The OA knew we wanted a 6 month delay from the very start. Prior to confirming the order, the OA stated several times if we order by August 31st we would get free delivery ($1200 credit). We confirmed and the OA said it would get fixed prior to delivery.

Our X is on a truck headed to Texas. The DS said the OA would have to handle the delivery fee waiving. The OA drug their feet for 3 days before stating we had to take delivery in the same quarter to qualify. They never stated this requirement in any communication. They knew from the start we wanted a 6 month delay and they put the delay in for us.

Is there any recourse? We want the car of course, but it's not an ideal start to a relationship with Tesla.

My OA was absolutely terrible. I picked inventory car and did paperwork at the store. OA never gave me an option to just pay deposit and told me I had to pay the whole amount on the spot. He also told me it would take 2-3 weeks for delivery. I am still waiting for the car. It has been nearly 2 months.