TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When Free isn't really free

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by stillageek, Feb 15, 2017.

1. stillageek

stillageek Member

We ordered our X in August with a 6 month deferral. The OA knew we wanted a 6 month delay from the very start. Prior to confirming the order, the OA stated several times if we order by August 31st we would get free delivery ($1200 credit). We confirmed and the OA said it would get fixed prior to delivery.

Our X is on a truck headed to Texas. The DS said the OA would have to handle the delivery fee waiving. The OA drug their feet for 3 days before stating we had to take delivery in the same quarter to qualify. They never stated this requirement in any communication. They knew from the start we wanted a 6 month delay and they put the delay in for us.

Is there any recourse? We want the car of course, but it's not an ideal start to a relationship with Tesla.

2. Brnz

Brnz Supporting Member

@elonmusk

3. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

My OA was absolutely terrible. I picked inventory car and did paperwork at the store. OA never gave me an option to just pay deposit and told me I had to pay the whole amount on the spot. He also told me it would take 2-3 weeks for delivery. I am still waiting for the car. It has been nearly 2 months.

4. Brnz

Brnz Supporting Member

2 mos for an inventory car?!

5. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

Yep. Still not here.