Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to buy a new MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With tesla's the month produced matters as much as the year due to the non stop improvements. A Jan 2018 build is not going to be seen as being much different than a Dec 2017 build. Only difference is you get to wait an entire year to get fed rebate on the 2018 build and I can get it in 2-3 months on my dec 2017 build.

Is Tesla ending free supercharging for the S and X December 31st 2017 or end of January 2018? That is one more reason you might want a Model X sooner rather than later.

Order placed by Jan 31 2018 (with referral, which no longer has the discount but includes free nontransferable supercharging).

If you ordering a customer order then it will take some time for the car to be built so it will be 2018. If its stock, even if you buy in 2018 its more likely to be a 2017 model, unless you wait until march or so when its more likely that the stock cars will then be 2018.
My custom order was confirmed 15Dec and will be delivered in endMarch (ohh the wait...), so I guess it will be a 2018 model - I can't see how it wouldn't be.