Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to compete Alliant financing application

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have placed the order on X. Currently in the 1week order window. Want to press the confirm button but do not see it yet. Also I haven't submitted the Alliant financing application yet.

Two questions

1) does the confirm order button show up only after I complete the application?

2) if I complete the application now but the delivery is late September does it mean Alliant will pull credit again after 30 days have elapsed?

Looking for guidance on when is the best time to work the payment processing.

I wish I could fix the typo in the title

Last edited:
I just picked up my MX last Monday and financed thru Alliant.

I wouldn't recommend applying until your DS asks you to, otherwise you may get a double credit pull. However, if your worried that you might not qualify for the car and need financing to close, it may be worth applying now just to make sure your qualified. After the 1 week is up, the 5K deposit is non-refundable. If you find out your not qualified and you cancel before the 1 week is up, you'll get your deposit back.

Alliant can fund basically same-day, I applied Wednesday night (switched from Tesla finance at the last minute) and they funded on Friday.

Regarding the confirm button, I never saw one when ordering my X. I think this might be a S thing. To be honest, I thought I had my config nailed down, but also changed that on day 6 of the 7 day window. So in hindsight I'm thankful for the 7 day window --- I'm very happy with my configuration.

Good luck and congrats!

I just picked up my MX last Monday and financed thru Alliant.

I wouldn't recommend applying until your DS asks you to, otherwise you may get a double credit pull. However, if your worried that you might not qualify for the car and need financing to close, it may be worth applying now just to make sure your qualified. After the 1 week is up, the 5K deposit is non-refundable. If you find out your not qualified and you cancel before the 1 week is up, you'll get your deposit back.

Alliant can fund basically same-day, I applied Wednesday night (switched from Tesla finance at the last minute) and they funded on Friday.

Regarding the confirm button, I never saw one when ordering my X. I think this might be a S thing. To be honest, I thought I had my config nailed down, but also changed that on day 6 of the 7 day window. So in hindsight I'm thankful for the 7 day window --- I'm very happy with my configuration.

Good luck and congrats!

Thanks for the insight. It seems to be a double edged sword, my credit score is excellent and have not had any difficulties in securing loans before but not sure how this one would go.

I am going to take a chance and wait for my DS, my gut says it would be fine. Any idea if securing a joint loan is easier than single person? Both of us have 750+ credit score.

Thanks for the insight. It seems to be a double edged sword, my credit score is excellent and have not had any difficulties in securing loans before but not sure how this one would go.

I am going to take a chance and wait for my DS, my gut says it would be fine. Any idea if securing a joint loan is easier than single person? Both of us have 750+ credit score.

I went with single - less documents to send.
If in any case your delivery is delayed (like mine :( - delivery was schedule, loan processed and money wired but delivery was postponed), you can ask Alliant to go ahead and wire the money to Tesla. You will pay interest for few days and can avoid another credit pull. This is what I had to do.

I applied with Alliant too early and the 30 day commitment expired. I just contacted Alliant after my car arrived at the Service Center, they ran the check again. Out of curiosity, I checked my credit score, before and after both checks; the double check from the same company had no effect on my credit score.

Reactions: krazineurons