Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 75D's start production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my VIN is ahead of yours(88xx) and my DS told me I should expect the car in the last week of Jul, does anyone know how long it takes to transit the car from west to east coast?
Either 10 or 20 days depending on the method (truck vs rail). Letely people have been saying 10 days.

ALL: also just to add a data point, my DS said my car will go into production "any day now". VIN 880X

Reactions: mlouie23
The following was posted on the TM Forum today:
"gd1900 | June 16, 2016
Yesterday (6/15) my DS called me to let me know that tesla has put a production hold on ALL models ‘X’ 75D as it is re-engineering the vehicle. Although he confirmed that higher-end model ‘X’ P90Ds are being produced and delivered currently, but refused to provide any future delivery date for my 75D." Link: Any one ordered 70/75d got vin yet? | Tesla Motors

I'm not sure if it's related, but I was informed yesterday that my original projected delivery date of June (as shown on the Design Studio when I ordered), is now slipped to Sep/Oct. This is for an MX 75D, 6-seat, SAS ordered from the Design Studio on April 18th. No VIN assigned as of today.

"gd1900 | June 16, 2016
Yesterday (6/15) my DS called me to let me know that tesla has put a production hold on ALL models ‘X’ 75D as it is re-engineering the vehicle. Although he confirmed that higher-end model ‘X’ P90Ds are being produced and delivered currently, but refused to provide any future delivery date for my 75D." Link: Any one ordered 70/75d got vin yet? | Tesla Motors

I'm not sure if it's related, but I was informed yesterday that my original projected delivery date of June (as shown on the Design Studio when I ordered), is now slipped to Sep/Oct. This is for an MX 75D, 6-seat, SAS ordered from the Design Studio on April 18th. No VIN assigned as of today.

Can anyone confirm this?!

I'll be curious to hear if this is confirmed elsewhere. I have no idea if true or not, but a search shows that it's the only post that user has made on those forums. With all the short seller/"sky is falling" types around, it's usually best to get bad news confirmed from a couple sources.

"gd1900 | June 16, 2016

My DS gave me different information. We are on-track for a pickup late next week (Thursday or Friday). I have the final MVPA, and they are accepting final payment.

• Informative
Reactions: mlouie23 and esk8mw
After perhaps the fastest production ever, we are taking factory delivery of our 75d on Monday 6/20... vin 95xx!
Our pre-production may have been accelerated by Tesla to make up for our first X that was in QA at the factory for 3 months. They may also have accelerated our car ahead of a stack of overseas vins due to the potential for q2 delivery.
Hence our car may not be similar to others of similar vins

How did all of you 75D orders get your VIN? DS Emailed you? Appeared in Mytesla? Called and asked?

I'm just curious. I'm guessing I'll take delivery of my 3/4 confirmed 6 seat order sometime late august early September, but it would be nice to know what to watch for when my VIN does arrive.

How did all of you 75D orders get your VIN? DS Emailed you? Appeared in Mytesla? Called and asked?

I'm just curious. I'm guessing I'll take delivery of my 3/4 confirmed 6 seat order sometime late august early September, but it would be nice to know what to watch for when my VIN does arrive.
VIN appears in MyTesla. Everything else has come from the DS, either by phone, or email.