Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will we see a photo of SN1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We also don't see any emblems on the back... No "75" or anything like that.

5ed4262d68a16d090ba868a0ab68ba97.jpg

That was given. They still want to leave some mystery for the launch.

One and Teg-you're both wrong. Look at the guard rail. It's the back of the guard rail. So it can't be either of those positions. I'm guessing the pull off behind that which One pointed out. Closer to Tesla building. Green bushes too are very close to the car.

Is the SN1 to be built by hand, or by the robotic line at super slow mo speed? Presumably they have built several (many M3) by hand all ready for regulatory approval and to understand the process of how to program the robotic line...
Whats wrong with car being built by hand?

Like Paganini, Bugatti. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Rolls Royce, and some Porches. Anyone criticizing those being built by hand?

Reactions: larmor and KJD

Like Paganini, Bugatti. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Rolls Royce, and some Porches. Anyone criticizing those being built by hand?
Funny: i would love my 35k car to built by hand...
Reality: i saw a how its made episode on an aventador, and a lot of the carbon fiber body work was laid up by hand. When it was done, they used a coin (most likely a euro, there is irony in this too) to tap the body and listen for defects. While time tested works, so does writing a letter by hand and sending by carrier pigeon.

Reactions: Garlan Garner

There's a certain level of precision and reproducibility that comes with cars built by machines. When you take a closer look at cars or motorcycles that are hand build in large quantities you often will see reliability issues and/or high cost of maintenance. Many cars claiming to be "hand built" are partially build by machine.

Experts building a handful of cars where every step is checked for quality is one thing, but it doesn't scale well.

There's a certain level of precision and reproducibility that comes with cars built by machines. When you take a closer look at cars or motorcycles that are hand build in large quantities you often will see reliability issues and/or high cost of maintenance. Many cars claiming to be "hand built" are partially build by machine.

Experts building a handful of cars where every step is checked for quality is one thing, but it doesn't scale well.
Reproduction, Speed, Scale, Quantities......are all concerns of Tesla. I love Tesla, however I'm going to love my Model 3 much more.

I'm only interested in one of them. If they make it by hand.....or machine......fine. lol

My only request = Soon please

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
Don't underestimate the potential abandon rate on the reservations. Tesla isn't as easy to finance/lease from as your local Ford or Chevy dealer. Unless they improve their finance tools and offerings, expect a non-trivial number of folks to drop out.

Very interesting. Nice catch. What I see is first the small inner horizontal bar brake light comes on as the car slowed and then a fraction of a second later the surrounding lens area lights up. They clearly do not light up at the same time. That could just be the way they work, but last month when I spotted a Model 3 RC on I280 near my house it was the small inner horizontal bar brake light that first caught my eye and alerted me to the fact that the white Tesla I was looking at from about 200 feet away was not an S but a 3. But that was the only brake light I saw on the RC I spotted.
Question.

Why does the Production Model seem to have a dual brake lightning thing going on? Look at it about 17 seconds into this video.