Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can I see a Model X now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks michigan, good photos there. I put some on my camera roll. Keep me going a while longer :smile: We will all see the finished product pretty soon, I think. You'll know by the side-view cameras. A Pox on those mirrors!! ML

We had a little run in with this Model X proto at Hawthorne last week. While our S was charging and while I was taking in the stats on the Supercharger dashboard, my 7-year-old son went "wheeeee!" spinning his LEGO X-wing Starfighter around; enough for some of the Lego pieces to go flying off under the X (some sort of coincidence?!) between the front wheels. :) The nice security chap in the lobby showed off his soccer skills by kicking the pieces out from beyond the rope line.

Yes definitely different wheels than were on the car when I saw it at the Palo Alto showroom several months ago. But highly likely it is the same car.

I wonder if the production version will have the same front cornering lights and front side grill openings as the S? This alpha X doesn't appear to have those features.

FYI those are (I'm pretty sure) the same wheels. They have had the carbon fiber inserts along each fin removed. I have a good close up photo of it (w deco CF pieces in place) from Teslive. Unable to access it now. ML

I just checked the status of the SCs between Chicago and Detroit. There is only one missing near Toledo to make the trip. I just read that the SC at Maumee, OH will be opened this week! If that happens I am planning to drive to Detroit on January 19th to check out the Model X in person. Now let's just hope the SC will indeed go online this week, just in time for the Detroit Motor Show.

Hey mep, that's great. I hope it's a GO for you. Please let us know. I think the SC buildout is a very big deal, as big an event as (while going hand in hand with) the development of the Model S. When coast to coast is "suddenly" done, people who may have been marginally interested are really going to take notice. I am excited.

And re the big Detroit show: borrowing from brianman's advice for people headed for a test drive - write down the questions you would like to have answered. I'm assuming someone who can and/or will answer them will be present. Among mine (just in case you were wondering :wink:) New color(s)? Side view cameras, right? Bigger battery? When can Bonnie come pick hers up?:smile: Etc. ML

I just checked the status of the SCs between Chicago and Detroit. There is only one missing near Toledo to make the trip. I just read that the SC at Maumee, OH will be opened this week! If that happens I am planning to drive to Detroit on January 19th to check out the Model X in person. Now let's just hope the SC will indeed go online this week, just in time for the Detroit Motor Show.

My neighbor drove down to Ohio to visit his in-laws (without his Model S). Anyway, he stopped at the Maumee location; and he said it is either live now or is days away from final approval. So, it is highly likely it will be opened on January 19th.

I can take video of Model X. I typically go on Media day or Wednesday. I'll keep everyone posted.

And re the big Detroit show: borrowing from brianman's advice for people headed for a test drive - write down the questions you would like to have answered. I'm assuming someone who can and/or will answer them will be present. ML
Did I get this right? Do you think I could actually test drive the Model X? I guess not. I would be excited if I could sit in it. My experience with preproduction models at car shows is that car makers won't even let anybody enter a car.

- - - Updated - - -

My neighbor drove down to Ohio to visit his in-laws (without his Model S). Anyway, he stopped at the Maumee location; and he said it is either live now or is days away from final approval. So, it is highly likely it will be opened on January 19th.

Yepee!

- - - Updated - - -

I can take video of Model X. I typically go on Media day or Wednesday. I'll keep everyone posted.

Yes please!

Did I get this right? Do you think I could actually test drive the Model X? I guess not. I would be excited if I could sit in it. My experience with preproduction models at car shows is that car makers won't even let anybody . . .

oops, no sorry. I just meant that in all the excitement, and maybe time limitations, it's a good idea to have a list. Kind of doubt you'll even get to touch it, but who knows. At least you'll be there. ML

If a beta X is there, please try to determine if the footprint is the same as the S. Distance from each axle and from the front wheels and distance between the rear wheels. I'm not saying bring a tape measure but if you had one ;)